Jabiru Aircraft Pty Ltd ...............

Guest 4aplat

Guest 4aplat

Is there any one on this forum able to give us (in France) any news about Jabiru .....

new engines, new parts, news BS ......

do they still sold engines ?

They have made numerous changes and continue today

Newest models now have oil feed up pushrods which will help alot.

I did read discussion re new rocker arms but unsure if this was an owner fix or Jabiru themselves

Guest 4aplat
They have made numerous changes and continue todayNewest models now have oil feed up pushrods which will help alot.

It's strange that they don't comunicate on this subject (in fact they don't communicate with any subject)

I'm still thinking it's too late now

• 1 month later...

4aplat,

There are a lot of ways to get information about Jabiru aircraft. There are 4 Jabirus flying from my local airport, so there are at least 4 pilots here who can assist you with technical questions about aircraft and engines. Not to far away there are another 6 Jabirus and people who build them, rebuild Jabiru engines and do all the other maintenance. Now you are on the forum, what would you like to know?

When I want information from Jabiru, I just get on the phone and call the factory. They have always been helpful. I understand this is a little less easy for you since you are in France, but at least you are on the forum, from where you can get a lot of advice from pilots who fly and maintain Jabiru aircraft.

Jabiru still sell factory-built aircraft, kit-build aircraft, engines, engine-parts, as well as airframe parts and accessories such as the Microair radio. They even repair pranged Jabirus when people try to find how big a hole in the ground can a small aeroplane can actually make.

"it's too late now"...for what? :confused:

In Europe you have some really superb ultralight aircraft, designed specifically for European regualtions and conditions. Jabirus are designed for the harsher conditions of Australia. Our regulations are slightly different too. A trip to the Jabiru website will give you an idea, and many people here are more than willing to assist you with any further enquiries regarding maintenance, handling, good and bad points etc etc etc. (I never met a pilot without an opinion!)

So, ask what questions you will. I'm sure the helpful people here will give you a great deal of good information.

Im dealing with a French manufacturer right now from and having worse problems

Sold non suitable and faulty product, wouldnt reply to calls of emails for three months, cancel warranty and demand regular returns of the part for inspection (400 Euro a time), Finally agreed to refund, 8 weeks later agree to refund just 30% of the purchase cost.

Seems dealing in other countries/languages is difficult with good people let alone those with short term view of thier business.

Ive found Jabiru very good and helpful, but Im in Australia

The french dealer learn that there are some new "rocker arms" when one of his customers ask him some news about them ...............

Many people in france have got problems with jab 2.200 (not the plane) but no answer from the factory (valve failure each time)

So most of the users have got their valve guides change by themselves to avoid a new failure (and no answer from the factory)

My engine broke, I personally know 2 other guys with valve failure (hydraulic push roads)

Investigations show that the cylinder heads are not enough lubricated (the video are on youtube)

And still any comment from the factory

Im dealing with a French manufacturer right now from and having worse problemsSold non suitable and faulty product, wouldnt reply to calls of emails for three months, cancel warranty and demand regular returns of the part for inspection (400 Euro a time), Finally agreed to refund, 8 weeks later agree to refund just 30% of the purchase cost.

Seems dealing in other countries/languages is difficult with good people let alone those with short term view of thier business.

Ive found Jabiru very good and helpful, but Im in Australia

If I can help for your pb, just send me an email.

Keep in mind that most of the french dealers don't work with emails (just phone and fax) ! (and don't speak english too)

And refunding a CB is not a common thing (pb with the bank)

I still don't understand why french dealers don't make any effort with strangers (and sometime with french people too)

MicheL

Yes I just put the link before !

the kit for the new rocker arms is very expensive. ANd as always, when there is an engine failure it's not their fault !

MicheL