I'm getting there

40years

Hello everyone. I've held off on posting here for some time. I've had a background in operational aviation for 40 years (!) and since my retirement I've decided to finish my flying lessons which I began 45 years ago and never completed. I've been resolute in proving that you can't teach an old dog new tricks; however I soloed on the Jab and then slipped back, so I've been in the sin bin doing laps again. It's the last five feet on arrival that's been the problem. However, yesterday it all came together and I was let off the leash again. So, if the money holds out, I'll eventually be a (very safe) RA-AUS certified old buffer. I'll keep you posted. :clown:

Hang in and it will eventuate.

I too had a span of 45 years between my last PPL lesson (1959) and my first AUF instruction flight (2004) and, like yourself' had many moments when it didn't look like it was ever going to happen. On reflection, I can now recall with amusement on a few occasions, the 21 year old instructor admonishing his 65 year old student with "I didn't teach you to do that!" He and I both persevered and ultimately I became legitimate. It was hard work but the resultant certificate was well worth busting my butt for. We look forward to seeing your name shortly in the 'Newbie PIC' announcement. Good luck.