Lethbridge Charity Toy Run 29th November Pics

Spriteah

Guest Ken deVos

Well done to the organisers, a really good event and looking forward to next year's. Oh, but could you please turn down the crosswind. The 172 was all over the place on approach.

Guest Brett Campany

Great collection of photos Jim, very nice indeed!

I loved doing a Toy Run on the motorbike, I'm hoping it gets organised here in the west by plane as well!

A Langley Park Toy Run fly in would be awesome......damn that Bell Tower!!

As Jim and Ken mentioned it was a fantastic day with a great turnout - people & aeroplanes...weather not so good though and we ended up driving there as a result.

There were just over 2000 members of the public through the gate and just over 51 aeroplanes in attendance / on display and 3 station-wagon loads of toys were donated.

PS> I'm not sure I've made it known on the forum yet but I was recently elected to the committee and position of Secretary for the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia (AAAA)...and as Jim mentioned, planning for the 2009 VIC Toy Run is already underway.

Brett - we're always looking for new members...especially those keen to help define and organise activities such as these....there's no reason a WA Toy Run couldn't happen next year with the right support.

Guest Brett Campany

Hey matt, even if I don't have an aircraft by then, count me in. I can use the Triton to do a support run or even better, if it's at a field like Busselton then I'm sure we might be able to get the Dornier in for it.

No, not the temp, the wind yes - I got very sunburnt on the bald patch and face - lesson: next time take my Rec Flying hat.

I hope to get the time to upload all the pictures I took from the fantastic day - well done Mate and congratulations on bringing it all together

Guest Ken deVos
Ken,Next year we will increase the temp by 5 degrees and reduce wind to 5 knots. Though I did enjoy watching the 172 land. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Jim, it must have looked as if we were part of the entertainment on our long finals, trying to outrun the three war birds on base. This was then confirmed by the crab angle :ah_oh: as we slowed for the flare, but a firm touchdown ensued.

Thanks again.

I didn't make it. My battery was completely dead. WARNING to Odyssey battery owners, if it goes completely flat (eg, you left your stereo on), be warned you CANNOT charge it back up again! ($300 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif later......)