Books

Guest Cralis

Hi guys,

Would anyone recommend this:

Clear Prop - The Pilot's Discount Store - Publications :: Students :: Student Pilot Kit (Standard or Professional)

This seems to be the same package that my school is offering... only.. $20 cheaper. Would anyone say, 'Yeah, get it!', or.. 'You could do better by getting this.. (Supply link)'?

I'll be starting my RA schooling soon.

You won't go wrong with the ATC material so I won't recommend against it. That said the Bob Tait stuff is really good. It is a lot more concise than the ATC stuff and really seems to nail what you need to know. Take a look at the BAK and PPL books that he does. I have heard heaps of people prefer Bob Tait over the ATC stuff.

BAK - Clear Prop - The Pilot's Discount Store - Publications :: Students :: Bob Tait's BAK (Basic Aeronautical Knowledge)

PPL - Clear Prop - The Pilot's Discount Store - Publications :: Students :: Bob Tait Theory - PPL Private Pilot Licence

Guest basscheffers

It is the standard kit everyone uses, can't go wrong with it. That said, I agree with Airsick in that I too prefer more concise material than the ATC BAK book. For no particular reason I went with the Jim Davis PPL book and liked it a lot. I'll have to get onto Clear Prop myself soon and order some BAK practice exams to see how much more I learned from Jim Davis!

But the kit does also contain a log book, flight radio book and the practical guide to actually flying the aircraft, all which you definitely want to have. So I would say buy the kit, but if you find yourself bored with the BAK book, order Bob Tait or Jim Davis later.