1. Welcome to Recreational Flying, the Home of Recreational and GA Pilots, Aircraft and Aviation. Please register, it's FREE to use ALL our great features. Hi

New Australian Kit?

Discussion in 'Aircraft Building and Design Discussion' started by geoffreywh, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Kyle Communications

Kyle Communications Well-Known Member

Aircraft:
    Savannah VG XL
    Country
    has anyone seen a picture of it yet?...the Rotec version of the reliant

2. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Member

Aircraft:
    none
    Country
    Isn't it marvellous how a plane that has been around for about 15 years and failed to hit the mark, now has people jumping out of their skins just because the front windscreen was changed and a radial put up front to make it look like an 80 year old plane; (which hopefully will get a lot more support and sales than the original).

The original plane itself was a great plane and a credit to it's designer/manufacturer and I have always been bewildered why their wasn't as many of this great design flying as there are Jabiru's especially here in Aus.

I don't know if it was a downfall in their marketing strategy or what that failed to get the original into the sky in masses but I do hope this new formula is spot on.

I have known the designer/manufacturer for years and he is a very nice guy who has done a lot for recreational aviation in Australia.

And NO, I will not disclose any more details about the designer and the Stinson project, all will be revealed soon by them in due course.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lark

lark Member

Country
    hope to see it in production! should look great!