Peter from Central West NSW

Guest PeterMJ

Guest PeterMJ

Hello

My name is Peter, a mid-lifer, probably driving my wife bananas with aviation and plane talk/sky gazing, since I took it up about 18months ago. More irritable in the last 1-2 months with the weather we've had around Orange-Bathurst - I've guaranteed bad weather by making a booking for private hire, I think. Looking at getting my own plane in the next six months but still struggling with the number of choices and factors to consider. I have found it an informative site in the months I've been a non-participating bystander - now hoping to join the flow of traffic!

Regards

Peter

Guest High Plains Drifter

Welcolme PeterMJ :thumb_up:

To help me decide if I will like you or not - are you contemplating a conventional geared aircraft, or one with a training wheel ? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hi Peter......Welcome aboard. Im in Oberon along side a good friend Chris "Bushpilot". Im about to head North to Tamworth but look Chris up and you can drool over his new Jabiru 160!

Scotty :big_grin:

Hey Peter - Welcome! You are probably aware already that there are a few of us recreational flyers in the Central West and Tablelands.. I'm at O'Connell, near Bathurst. I've only had my a/c for couple of months (Jab160C as mentioned by Bubbleboy) and the best tip I can offer is - do a lot of homework b4 you buy!

Are you GA or Rec Aviation?

Cheers,

Chris

Guest PeterMJ

Hello Chris,

I'm RAA with about 50 hours on a J160 on private hire. Booking private hire seems to annoy the rain gods. I'm tossing up on whether to do the conversion to ga, but remain undecided with the number of factors to consider (is there a need with the type of flying I'll be doing, more than 1 passenger, cost and running cost of ga aircraft). Hangarage also a potential issue, and cost.

Regards, Peter