Aircraft Log Book - What do you use

BirdDog

Hey all,

Looking for opinions on what you use for your AC logbooks. The previous owner of my AC just used separate sheets all floating around. so I am looking for a nice solution that is tidy and gas plenty of room. Do you just use the Daily Flight Record from RAA? Or a nice book etc?

Thoughts?

Hey all,Looking for opinions on what you use for your AC logbooks. The previous owner of my AC just used separate sheets all floating around. so I am looking for a nice solution that is tidy and gas plenty of room. Do you just use the Daily Flight Record from RAA? Or a nice book etc?

Thoughts?

I use the one RAAus sell.

• Like 1

Hey all, Looking for opinions on what you use for your AC logbooks. Thoughts?

The Clear Prop shop (profits run this site) has a log book. If you ask, Ian may give you a view of the pages.

Aircraft Maintenance Log Book

We use the RANS log and RAAus logs and adapted sheets, particularly as an addendum to the Build Logs.

I made up some log book page layouts in Excel. I print them B5 size, punch them with a two hole punch and keep them in a ring binder. I put in boxes in the sheets that apply to my plane and those that are required by the regs, and personalised it with the heading that has the plane rego etc. Then I made a cover sheet for the binder.

Thanks all,

I wish they would put a shot of the inside pages - hard to know what it is by just looking at the cover. :(

I did think of making my own, but it would be nice if it were need and tidy.

• Agree 1

Nice! They look good! Capture all the bits you need.

I am thinking like you, that I will make my own up. More flexibility that way!

Thanks heaps for that!

• Like 1

Hey @cscotthendry,

Thanks for your example. I took some ideas and came up with this. Fits my binder like a charm!

Thanks for sharing

Looks good BD. Will modify my home-brew logbook to something very similar when it runs out. cheers

I use my own page, starts and finishes with the annual (RA-Aus) maintenance record, kept in the aircraft manual in the plane. Any in-between maintenance is recorded on the maintenance record and all flight details on the added page. At the end of the maintenance record period, they all go together in a binder at home.

24-7749 log page.pdf

24-7749 log page.pdf

24-7749 log page.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Hey @cscotthendry,

Thanks for your example. I took some ideas and came up with this. Fits my binder like a charm!

Thanks for sharing

Hi BirdDog

Just found the ones I did up for info. I keep these in an A5 size clip board in the Nynja and transfer the details into the RAA Log book record.

Cheers

Mike

Mike Nynja daily record sheet 1.xlsx

working Copy of ROS 19 2804 and first page.xlsx

Bird dog, you mention a maintenance release. As far as I know RAAUs do not need one, but I find it is the easiest way of keeping track of hours and maintenance so I use it for my Corby as well as the RV.