How Not To Do It!

farri

Have the bookface I do not. Play for me it did.

Are you using an IPad Marty? Franks links won't play for me but the YouTube one that corvairkr put up works fine. Maybe Frank's links are not compatible with the iPad?

• Agree 1

Are you using an IPad Marty? Franks links won't play for me but the YouTube one that corvairkr put up works fine. Maybe Frank's links are not compatible with the iPad?

Nah, crappy old Dell laptop.

Frank's link worked for me. I wonder if that silly act was staged as obviously he had enough spare oompf to manoeuver through the trees. JUST. That's been around for a while, and I recollect it was high and warm, if my memory serves me well. Nev

Not for me. Only the other one of taking off through the trees.

I believe this incident is discussed at length by the pilot. I can't remember where I saw it but I think it was hot and high long grass and I seem to recall no flaps? Can't quite see clip well enough on my phone. I will see if I can find a link later.

It was discussed at length by the very experienced female CFI pilot a few years back.

She had dropped the aircraft off a few months earlier for a annual and as she had another aircraft, told the LAME there was no hurry.

She knew it normally lacked power but once she was on the down hill run she knew somerhing was wrong. But the hill was too steep to abort.

Back at her home airfield she found the problem. The LAME had refitted a throttle linkage to the wrong hole in a bellcrank and that reduced the travel of the throttle. She refitted the lincage to the right hole in the bellcrank, which gave her full throttle again and returned to the LAME next day to get the "fix" signed off.

Could happen, but why wouldn't the LAME check that the throttle hit the idle stop and the full throttle position, as well . It's no different in principle to checking controls full and in correct sense. Also a power check (revs) as soon as possible after full throttle applied. That was a pretty close call.. Nev