xair

dexter379

just would like to know if anyone out there who has a xair and could tell me how thay fly.as i im trying to find out if thay are a good first aircraft,or are you just on the rudder all the time being a rag and tube type aircraft..well happy and safe flying to you all......:thumb_up:

I have an Xair standard. Cruise 55 - 60 knots. Fixed Rudder trim tab can be set so you dont have to be on the rudder all the time. They are not a fast machine but handle very well and are very forgiving to fly. Large cab and comfortable seats. If you have the time, they can go anywhere. I recently flew Goulburn to Inverell. Flying time 6.5 hrs with a couple of refuelling stops.

Cheers

Maynard

Gidday Dex,Can't help you with the Xair mate, but I do love being on the rudder all the time:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif, I am a tail dragger man:clap:

David

Go the Tail Draggers!!! And a trim tab is a must just set and enjoy the fyling.

Monty

Thanks for the the reply guys just want to make sure that this aircraft will suit me,,as it is going to be my 1st..i don't mind rudder as i use to fly gliders..maybe i should of ask if this type of aircraft tends to yaw alot,,but dave would never knock a tail dragger just don't know if i should make it my first ,,:thumb_up:

Guest 4aplat

Xair is a very nice plane

take of, fly, turn and land at the same speed

the large windscreen allow the pilot to have a nice seeing of the landscape

you will buy it with a 2 strokes engine or a 912 rotax / jabiru ?

MicheL

Hi Guys I'm building a Xair Hanuman the covering is ultralam which is made with mylar the wrinkles in some of the covering can be ironed out with a heat gun on low heat, same as covering a model looks great once it is done.

cheers tony

Hi David,

Ultralam has Kevlar or Kevlar like threads in it, depending on the weave(and quality) it can be one row wide or a numberin the weive or warf of the material(down or across), fairly often it comes as six or eight rows with ten rows gap to the next set, has superior rip stop and shape holding. Been used in sailing for ages.

Bob.

Guest 4aplat
Dexter, I have an xair based at Lethbridge. It's a hanuman. Happy to show it too you in interested.Jab motor. Cruise 80kts.

Jim Tatlock

Hi Jim

are you able to give me the serial of your jabiru ?

I know some people here (in France) that have got some problems with this engine in the hanuman (valve breaking)

MicheL

Hi David it is different it's less prone to oil stains as the outside of the covering is smooth with a shine to it, has a rip stop affect can be shrunk with a heat gun on a low setting,has a mylar thread weaved into it. As far as sun affect the manufactures claim it is more durable, but like with anything left out in the eliments for a period of time is not going too last long.

Cheers Tony

Hi David I would cover it in ultralam as far as price well the Xair Hanuman in ultralam is $300 more than the one in dacron that price is on the Xair.com.au web site.

cheers Tony

• 5 months later...

x-air

Have recently bought X-Air S with Jab engine. It is everything that is claimed. I would recommend it for a first aircraft. The 60 kts criuise is a feature that improves your forecast skills. More than 20 kts head wind means wait until another day. i very much like the undercarriage as it is tough and compliant.

I dont like the way pencils etc can drop under the floor and hard to retrieve.