Sadler Vampire

Guest notifier888

Guest notifier888

I have a Sadler Vampire with pull start on the rotax 447 and am looking for some info on fitting electric start to it. Anyone with knowledge of this aircraft knows the mounting problem so either some drawings or even better someone may already have one lying around

Hi 888, can't help you with your quest but you can help me. I've heard of Brooklands Park but can't place it. I've never seen a Vampire flying in these parts so when do you get airborne?

• 2 years later...

Yeah very smart lookin' little plane - so what about the one in the link, its at Bendigo, is that far from where you are? It would HAVE to have a new paint job, and they aren't saying if its airworthy or what it would take to get registered. What do you think of the price?

not sure that'll affect me asking hypothetical question on an internet forum 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifBut surely there's something that could be retrofitted if the motivation is there?

That's why this forum is here. For questions like this.

As it happens, there is a chap down south who is having a shot at making a Saddler Vampire 2-seater. It will be GA if he makes it.

He also still sells the single seat ones, I believe.

http://www.aerov.com.au/

Call him up and have a chat, like I did when I was looking at the previously advertised one of these (he helped me realise I wouldn't fit in the single seater).

They are gorgeous. I still want one.

Shags the Gentlmens name who owns the rights to the Vampire is Ken Garland he is based at Wollongong you can find his contact details through the SAAA he runs all the maintenance courses for the SAAA.

Cheers

• 1 month later...