Tyres

Ultralights

Myself and flightygirl are the new proud owners of a great looking and well built Savannah, anyway, after quite a few hrs now on wollongongs very course runways, the tyres are looking a little worse for wear, and will require replacement soon, the current tyres are Deli tire 15x6.00-6, 6 ply, sadly i cant find a local supplier of these size and type of tyre. I have been having difficulty in finding an online supplier in Oz of said tyre of the same size, plenty of tyres of the same size are listed but are only 2 or 4 ply at most.

Secondly, the tundra tyres some have fitted, do theses tyre make any significant difference to Cruise speed? or fuel burn?

which tyres have you found the best? better wearing? most resistant to punctures etc?

Thanks in Advance.

Rob.

• 1 year later...
Try TRELLIBORG brand, very nice round tyre in 6 ply, Availaible from an outlet in SA called SOLID SERVICE. If you GOOGLE the brand you will find outlets in your state.

What is the part number for these tyres and what is the speed rating, I had a look on the website as you suggested but couldnt find anything?

I have fitted Condor 600:6 tyres 6 ply to my sad not tundra but they look the goods much better than the std tyres. I got mine from Aviall but I am told they don't deal now with anyone other than major aircraft companies but the tyres are a std fit on cessnas

Mark

IMG_1027_1.thumb.jpg.db5d43da37993baaddda925db322711f.jpg

IMG_1028_1.thumb.jpg.068776a35ef4ecdfce338576e24787f2.jpg

IMG_1038_1.thumb.jpg.d927fc367bfac2a0dbabea075fd85c3e.jpg

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate your information, I have just finished my XL VG and commence flying off my first 25 hours this week, I took heaps of build photos and would be happy to assist with any you might find a help for you in building a particular piece.

Bruce

Never Never Never give up

Hi Bruce

Where are you located?...I am almost finished mine I am up to doing the etching and priming and painting. Pretty much everything is finished. I hope to have it all finished and flying by late November except I am waiting for my motor to arrive it will be about 8 weeks as there has been some holdups at ICP so can't do the cowl yetI have a build blog on here you may have already seen it in this savannah forum. I won't be doing too much painting this weekend its blowing a gale up here

Mark

Hi Mark, when you get around for the cleaning for the painter I found the brown scotchbright and thinners worked well. I am located 32 km north of Perth and my aircaraft is hangered at Northam YNTM and hour 45 drive each way, , I have Monday off and am going up to fly weather permitting.

Bruce

Never Never Never Give up

Hi Mark, when you get around for the cleaning for the painter I found the brown scotchbright and thinners worked well. I am located 32 km north of Perth and my aircaraft is hangered at Northam YNTM and hour 45 drive each way, , I have Monday off and am going up to fly weather permitting.Bruce

Never Never Never Give up

Small world Bruce,

I own the Thruster being restored in the hangar next to where your Savannah is hangared. I watched it getting it's nice coat of paint in Graeme's hangar a while back - took some photos as well.

Cheers,

Pud

Hi Pud,I think we have met, I look forward to seeing you up there.

Bruce

Never Never Never Give Up

Yes we have Bruce,

I took a walk around your shiny new Savannah yesterday after the 1st flight in my Thruster. You have certainly done a real nice job there - I bet you are very happy! How long did it take you GLION?

Pud

Hi Pud, the actual build took 8 months, I did it in my garage, so most spare time was spent there, I didn't tally the hours, but suffices t to say, nothing else got done around the house, one of the advantages of being single and able to indulge yourself. GLION was the name of my parents farm which was in turn named after a village in Switzerland (The connection has been lost in time).

Glad to see you had a flight. I'm setting off early in the morning for a days flying.

Cheers

Bruce

• 1 month later...
Hi Pud, the actual build took 8 months, I did it in my garage, so most spare time was spent there, I didn't tally the hours, but suffices t to say, nothing else got done around the house, one of the advantages of being single and able to indulge yourself. GLION was the name of my parents farm which was in turn named after a village in Switzerland (The connection has been lost in time).Glad to see you had a flight. I'm setting off early in the morning for a days flying.

Cheers

Bruce

This is what I found in Wikipedia

Regards, Eightyknots:

Glion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the municipality in Canton Vaud. For the city in Canton Graubünden, see Ilanz.

Glion is a village in the municipality of Montreux in the canton of Vaud, Switzerland. The village is located at 700 m.a.s.l., close to Lake Geneva.

The very favourable position of this modest village dominating Montreux and the Throats of Chauderon made a centre of tourism in the 19th century. After the big hotels, residential developments considerably changed the aspect of the site and conferred on it new identity, with notably considerable parks done up.

Glion is known for the worldwide recognized hotel school Glion Institute of Higher Education.

The first conference of the Glion Colloquium was held in Glion.

This place is where Nestlé died of a heart attack in 1890.

• 1 year later...

Ok guys just got a call from a owner in Southern WA, looking for a supplier of 8.00x6 tyres any leads for over that way?