Not Really a Fly-in...

boleropilot

g'day guys

was doing some work on 455 yesterday and discovered the replacement fuel drain i'd bought for the lower tank was the wrong size

so there i was with an aircraft with not a drop of fuel in it and it was quite a nice day for a fly...one quick phone call to Kiwi at Boonah (6nm south of my lil strip at Roadvale) and he said he would be right there with a spare he had

and he thought it might be a good idea to bring along a couple of mates (see attached pic)

two other Tigers also came along for the fun but didn't land due to parking problems - they just did an approach and "go around"

now if i can only get some decent weather for a change for the annual Drifter Breakfast at Boonah later in the year, i'll be in heaven...

cheers

bp

0016.JPG.376f44f06d945ef2f50ed4dd7154351b.JPG

Aha, that would explain the radio chatter about the "Roadvale Strip", I was tempted to take a trundle across and see what the attraction was - possibly not the place to take someone else's Tecnam though.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Roadvale

g'day m8

Roadvale isn't all that user friendly - from the north there's high ground and power lines, no problem for a Drifter though...i only use about a quarter of the 500 metres so i can aim to touch down at the halfway point if i want to

when it's gusty from the east or south-east the turbulence from the trees on the eastern side of the strip is just scary

and the owner (farmer) doesn't mow the whole strip (cattle fodder, apparently) so parking and turn-arounds can be difficult

apart from all of that, it's gr8 !!!

any time you're around at the Tigers clubhouse, drop in, if i'm there we can go for a quick squirt up to Roadvale for a touch and go in the Teccy if ya like

cheers

bp (tonxy)