Avmap epk-iv

My Avmap has stopped displaying town and roads but it still shows terrain, train stations and Aeronautical data, I suspect it a software fault as I have been through all the setups. Even a factory reset!

Is there any way I can get and upload new map data without buying a new memory card at $380?

May be a silly question but have you selected to show that information on the maps?

Try ringing 1300133256 and ask for Rebecca...Bec may be able to suggest something

EKP4 faults...

Been there, done that... I think it was caused by an electrical glitch on turn off in my

Jab j230 corrupting the flash card. Learnt to turn the avionics off first.... Only way to resolve it that I could find was a trip to EDMO , the distributor in Adelaide, who sold me a whole new card.... ouch! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif . EDMO were good though.

Marcus

thanks Ian, I have rung Rebecca first with no joy, that's where the $380 solution came from! the problem happened first during the warranty period and an exchange card was sent free, it is now 3 years old

G'day Ed.

Regards Geoff

perhaps....

Perhaps...:confused: The card is just a compact flash card, the larger one with the proper contacts. The issue for me is that I am not computer literate enough to know if a simple copy will duplicate all of the contents... The real issue is that the EKP4 mount in the Jabiru dash meant removing the dash itself to get to the card, ...

Marcus

Gidday Ed and Black Rod,

You can only use the flash card that is assigned to the Avmap, using another or back up will not work.

Ed, I had a mate pull mine out in about 30 seconds but he has the knack. We have dropped the dash forward a bit to get it out. Not that hard but a bloody nuisance and bad design- why didn't they have an extension cable like the EFIS and EMS have for updates.

Terry

PS Gidday Geoff