AirSport QLD Virtual

Air_Chief_Marshall

All,

I would just like to gather your opinion on an idea that I have been developing in the past couple of months. I need you say! It's something casual but great once up-and-running. I'm looking toward some structured organisation?

AirSport QLD Virtual - A virtual recreational aviation Australia community consisting of the Flying Training organisation AirSport QLD. As a student myself of AirSport I believe that an idea of such would be amazing. Especially with Ant's Boonah Scenery.

Flying Tigers Club Virtual - A mate of mine is a member of this club. I've been there done that etc. I believe that something of such would be amazing. Having a virtual club flying around Australia in aircraft such as: Cub's, Drifters etc.

Boonah Airport Virtual - A combination of the above organisations. Imagine a virtual running airport. With AirSport running and Flying Tigers running during the week.

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

g'day MG, m8 sounds like a gr8 idea and count me in for any support i can give

i write the flightsim articles for Aviator and Australian Flying magazines, recently had a couple of articles published in the RAAus mag and Pacific Flyer

not sure if you (or other simmers) are aware but Anthony has just released his first payware aircraft, it's the Tecnam Sierra and it is available in Airsport Qld livery

it is an absolute bargain at $20, you can get it from the FlightSim Store here in Oz

AND he is working on (a) Roadvale, which looks awesome, and (b) a DRIFTER....

i'll keep in touch and watch this thread with interest

cheers for now

BP

Contact

BP,

Sounds great. Perhaps a feature article in the Magazine would be a good idea. I'm going to get onto Greg (CFI) at Boonah just to clear some things up with him in regards to the operation of this Virtual AirSport QLD.

I believe it's a fantastic idea to utilise the scenery at Boonah made by Anthony. Having 'nights' scheduled for people each Friday/Saturday Night or sometime during the week wouldn't be of a bad cause.

Like I said no further development cannot be made without Greg's endorsement. However, if you have any questions or queries. Please feel free to leave them here.

g'day again MG

i'm actually waiting on the construction of a flightsim only computer at the moment, the box alone will turn out at $2.3k so it will produce a brilliant result with FSX

until i have to integrate it with other duties (until then it will not be set up at home) i am willing to bring it along to any evening flightsim sessions at Boonah

let me know how things progress

btw, flightsim groups are quite popular in the UK, guys get together all over the country for informative flightsim meetings

cheers for now

BP

g'day again MGi'm actually waiting on the construction of a flightsim only computer at the moment, the box alone will turn out at $2.3k so it will produce a brilliant result with FSX

until i have to integrate it with other duties (until then it will not be set up at home) i am willing to bring it along to any evening flightsim sessions at Boonah

let me know how things progress

btw, flightsim groups are quite popular in the UK, guys get together all over the country for informative flightsim meetings

cheers for now

BP

BP,

Will do.

• 2 months later...

Hey Dave, I just (finally) bought FSX and hope to get hold of the boonah scenery (got a link? LOL)

I'd be keen to be around when you do the demo or whatever, also, a young fella (scott) has just started doing a bit of work at airsport and he is a mad keen sim fanatic so I will tell him too.

link for boonah

here ya go m8, this is Ant's Airplanes link for scenery

Scenery

there's also a link there for Roadvale as well (and the freeware Tiger Moth)

btw, if we can't organise a flightsim meeting/demo at Airsport Qld we should be able to do it one night at the Tigers hangar, a satdee night would be best

cheers

DT

Hey Dave, I just (finally) bought FSX and hope to get hold of the boonah scenery (got a link? LOL) I'd be keen to be around when you do the demo or whatever, also, a young fella (scott) has just started doing a bit of work at airsport and he is a mad keen sim fanatic so I will tell him too.

David,

How are you mate. As you requested, I have the Download Link for Anthony Lynch's Boonah scenery:

Ants Aussie Airports Boonah - OZx Forum

It's absolutely fantastic scenery. I suggest you look at the other scenery packages available on the Aussiex.org website. Just click the Download File - away you go!

Post any problems that you may have installing this scenery.

Cheers,

Max.

hey MGnew pooter is up and running (boots up FSX in TEN seconds) and is a beast

let me know when you want to arrange a demo at the Airsports hangar and i'll be there

cheers

BP

Haha! Fantastic sounds great. I'm just having a few problems with mine at the moment. Crashing on start-up. Just a little fiddle around I should have it working in a week or two.

Excellent.

just a quick note, I have downloaded the file, would anyone be able to help me actually loading it onto the game itself, like step by step, Im hopeless with computers....

its all good I downloaded it and worked it out, can't beleive how real it is!!

Now I don''t have to miss out on "flying at Boonah" due to all this bad weather we are having.

• 2 weeks later...
hey MGnew pooter is up and running (boots up FSX in TEN seconds) and is a beast

let me know when you want to arrange a demo at the Airsports hangar and i'll be there

cheers

BP

Hey mate,

Been pretty flat out all week.

I should be able to do a Flight from AirSport's Hangar around late Wednesday. It should be sooner than that. I'm getting some more RAM put in my 'beast' currently has 6 but I want 8! Haha.

Yerr just doing a routine checkup on the system all is good.

Cheers,

Max.

sorry guys, can't really do it midweek

it takes a lot of time to get it all disconnected and packed up in the car, and vice verca

might try to do something after christmas, silly season is upon us and the weather is a big factor

looking forward to showing off the system, either at Airsport or Tigers, a satdee night would be best for me

cheers for now

bp

sorry guys, can't really do it midweekit takes a lot of time to get it all disconnected and packed up in the car, and vice verca

might try to do something after christmas, silly season is upon us and the weather is a big factor

looking forward to showing off the system, either at Airsport or Tigers, a satdee night would be best for me

cheers for now

bp

No worries mate. I doesn't have to be so early.

However look out for a session in Gamespy. It will be named AIRSPORT QLD VIRTUAL .

Thanks in advance,

Max.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys up for a fly this week or next?

I've got my system up and running did a real nice clean-out. Full settings with REX 2.0 and I'm getting a constant of 35FPS. Also I ordered the Technam Sierra last week and received it in the mail on Monday. What a week so far!

You gentlemen keen for a small hop from Boonah to Redcliffe or such? I flew that route today and you come across alot of remote airstrips and farms. Fantastic scenery when you have FTX!

Cheers,

• 1 month later...
Guest PC Aviator

Hey guys. Dean from PC Aviator (now in Brisbane). Have there been any follow ups to this idea since the initial post? I am keen to read about or hear about them. Always on the lookout for good stories for Computer Pilot magazine too.