Drifter engine outs

jordy

Thanks all, the SB surely has to be slippery compared to the WB. I really want a SB for cruising at (slightly) higher speeds but also really want VERY good STOL so wondering about configuration, that probably needs a different thread.

IF you are too light you are supposed to add weight in the seat cushion. Nev

That won't be a problem 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all, the SB surely has to be slippery compared to the WB. I really want a SB for cruising at (slightly) higher speeds but also really want VERY good STOL so wondering about configuration, that probably needs a different thread.

Have you flown Barney's drifter Tex? I guess due to my weight, or lack thereof I get pretty good performance out of it, I'd almost say it's STOL, but with two people full fuel it slows down a bit I suppose. I need to watch I don't exceed VNE on that thing, it's pretty slippery on descent. I have about 15kg I clamp to the foot wells so it's balance is more reasonable

Have you flown Barney's drifter Tex? I guess due to my weight, or lack thereof I get pretty good performance out of it, I'd almost say it's STOL, but with two people full fuel it slows down a bit I suppose. I need to watch I don't exceed VNE on that thing, it's pretty slippery on descent. I have about 15kg I clamp to the foot wells so it's balance is more reasonable

I haven't actually flown it yet BUT I am trying very hard to talk him into giving it to me :thumb_up:

I haven't actually flown it yet BUT I am trying very hard to talk him into giving it to me :thumb_up:

If I had a hanger it would be at my place more often I can tell you! I had it for a few weeks a while back when he just couldn't fit it in the hanger, most fun I've ever had, but my neighbour wanted his shed back so I had to take it back! 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif I think I'm the only one that flies it from time to time lately, other than it's trip west... Barney reckons his Yak55 is easier to fly! If I had the money I'd buy it, maybe we can go halves in him giving it to us 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif