Skyfox CA 25 wanted

Mike S

Hi Pud,

Yeah I did end up going, forgot to PM you, sorry about that! Is Jack getting a new aeroplane? Do you know what type? It's a nice setup alright, lots of friendly club members. I was flying at sunset without the doors, piece of cake really, handles the same.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback. That's badluck! yes, I realise I will have trouble finding a CA25 taildragger - there were not a lot made [10 I think was the number ] and at least one has been crashed and two went O/S - that doesn't leave many!

just about given up on it so I'm starting to think about an alternative - like a Kitfox, Avid or similar, which leads me away from factory built to homebuids and not cross hire to my school which I and some others had hoped would be possible!

Thanks for the feedback - and to everyone else - thanks also,

Mike.

Hi Pud,Yeah I did end up going, forgot to PM you, sorry about that! Is Jack getting a new aeroplane? Do you know what type? It's a nice setup alright, lots of friendly club members. I was flying at sunset without the doors, piece of cake really, handles the same.

Regards,

Andrew

Forgot to reply to your post earlier sseeker,

I believe its a Thorpe T18?? But probably just a toy for Jack:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

I thought I'd replied to you earlier but can't find the reply so maybee I didn't?

55-3845 for sale? If so & not sold I'd be interested in talking & photos and information!

Thanks, Mike S

Hi Mike,

55-3845 was for sale but it was sold and is being cross hired by my school. If you're interested in the other skyfox taildragger at Bindoon, let me know and I'll get some photos, info and contact number for you!

Regards,

Andrew

If I had a Skyfox, I definately wouldn't be cross hiring it to any school. While the Gazelle is the most docile and forgiving plane around, The Skyfox is not the most predictable handler for landing. You would expect it to get bent at some stage by a student. Nev

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew

I'm after a copy of the CA22 flight manual and also the performance & specifications. Do you have a contact for the owner / operator of the one in Bigdoon or if you see the owner some time could you get contact details for me so I can ask him to scan a copy or post over a photo copy of the flight manual etc.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

The boys at Coldstream in Victoria have the Aircraft & engine manual on a CD. They will send it to you if you contact them - look at the thread under this forum for repairs to Skyfox or similar - if you can't find it get back via this sight and I'll look it up for you!

Mike S.

Hi Mike,

Sorry haven't been to Bindoon for a while, I've sent an email to a person at my club who will probably know the seller so I'll get the contact details for you. Should be able to get some pictures ASAP.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Mike,

Got this email from the CFI at my flying school,

Hi Andrew,The aircraft has not flown for 2 - 3 years, has damage history and needs someone with a strong engineering capability to bring it back into service, and also satisfy themselves of the repairs made after it groundlooped.

I dont know what the asking price is - sorry.

Jack

If you're still interested let me know.

Regards,

Andrew

• Caution 1

• 4 years later...

Hi, if that's Skyfox 55-3845 CA25 that aircraft is for sale at the moment at the Collie automotive wrecker for $6K. I heard it had a hard landing at Bindoon. It's pretty bent up underneath. Apparently the 912 has done 1480 hrs.

• 2 months later...
HIThe Geelong Aero Club has a Skyfox that is being restored and is close to finished I believe all new fabric and all Ads. Asking $24K.

CA22 or CA25? The 25 has a higher MTOW (520kg) same as the Gazelle. I think there were only about 10 built.

Mike

CA22 or CA25? The 25 has a higher MTOW (520kg) same as the Gazelle. I think there were only about 10 built.Mike

Mike

It is a CA21 Rego 55-615 (TTIS 156.10) with an Aeropower engine I can’t find the MTOW.

The aircraft had hangar damaged and the Club purchased it from Don Landers, as a project with the intention of having it restored for sale.

As restorations don’t happen overnight enthusiasm waned and the committee decided to move it on as is just to recover costs

Bryan

see http://qam.com.au/?wpfb_dl=8Cached