Beverley WA Comp

OLC scoring page[/url]. One of the guys posted some photos (elsewhere) showing 14,500' from Friday !

Thanks flyinghigh,

it's amazing the altitude these guys reach - hope they've all got enough oxygen on board. I've been told that some glider pilots use oxygen all the time, even when down at altitudes us ultralight pilots are more comfortable with.

Pud

Hi Pud Some of the oxy systems are trickle cania systems. Weight and size of bottle are a consideration. Cheers

Mike

Do you mean something like this Mike?

Portable Tank Oxygen Systems For People Who Are Going Places!

I know nothing about gliders but I've been learning heaps in the last few days.

Pud

Thanks flyinghigh,it's amazing the altitude these guys reach - hope they've all got enough oxygen on board. I've been told that some glider pilots use oxygen all the time, even when down at altitudes us ultralight pilots are more comfortable with.

Pud

This year is shaping up to be a good one for gliding in the west. The last month has been very good with top of lift between 7000' to 10000' at better than 500'/min almost every day, even on days when the max. temp has been 20 deg. But we are paying for it this week.

Somebody at Beverly managed to get to

at the wave camp this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I fly at Beverley, I can assure everyone that the club takes usage of Oxygen above A100 very seriously, most of us have Mountain High Oxy equipment (see Mountain High Oxygen and Supply) on board, a few have Aerox. It is indeed a remarkable season this year, not too good for the wheat crop, but excellent soaring conditions. Have a look at our website on: Beverley Soaring - Home and come and try out our wonderful DG1000 two seater glider with one of our instructors. Its 47:1 glide ratio is amazing to fly, besides it is a great looking aircraft and handles beautifully!