Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

Query re ignored list.

As a personal choice there are some individuals I have no desire to hear from.  I have checked my ignor list and they are still there but I am getting their posts since the new site set up.

Is there a simple way to reactivate my list?

Query re ignored list.

As a personal choice there are some individuals I have no desire to hear from.  I have checked my ignor list and they are still there but I am getting their posts since the new site set up.

Is there a simple way to reactivate my list?

Kindly refer the following post:

• Helpful 1

When I start a thread, I activate the slider so that I can be notified of replies to it. That makes it easier to see which of my threads I should go to to see what others have posted there. 

I'm not getting any notifications. What's happening????

• 1 month later...
Hi Ian, I put an add on today in engines for sale, I must have messed up as it's saying the ad is complete ? Can't see how to fix it. Thanks for the great site. 

All fixed...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ian, very slow to load and run.   Only this site, opthers on my puter run fine.   I have NBN.

Hi Mate, is the site any quicker for you now?

There seems to be only 2 things I can do make the site perform faster and one of them was to bring it back to an Australian server which was done last night...it is now hosted on a dedicated server here in Sydney. Also compared to the old Australian server I have gone from a E3-1270 v2 processor to an E3-1240 v6 one plus the ram has been increased from 8gb to 32gb. The 2nd thing I can do will take a lot of work over the next month so I will let you know when that is done as it will be a major impact on the site but will make the site extremely fast even for those in the country and outback

Re the Sunday morning email with popular topics, does it still exist? I haven't received the email for some time. Has it stopped or did I accidentally unsubscribe?

Any info would be great.

Cheers - Frankus

• 3 weeks later...

No as that was a function that was developed in Xenforo. I may include it in the IPS software at sometime in the future but at the moment i am finding that I have very limited time which is frustrating me in being able to give you all a lot more with the site

Last year I would receive the Sunday morning "Last wek's popular topics" as an email with links. Late last year it stopped arriving. Did I accidentally unsubscribe or is it no longer sent?

Cheers - Frankus

• 1 month later...

It would also help if this option was inserted in the top menu, just as it is on the What's New or New posts summary page. I know I'm lazy, but with a slow connection and PC like mine, double clicking gets to be a nuisance. (I tried editing the above post but was rejected due to 15 minute timeout, but edit option was still displayed. Is it possible to extend this to, say, 30 minutes? )

Looks good Ian, but how do I set What's New (All) as default?

Simple...

To make a particular What's New page your default please follow these instructions

1. Go to the What's New page

2. Click "Filters" that is displayed in the bar at the top of the posts list

3. Select what you want (for example for all posts read and unread unclick the "Unread threads check box)

4. Click the "Save as default" check box

5. Click the "Filter" button

1.jpg.f61d5196939d71b4cf82e29117b396a5.jpg

(I tried editing the above post but was rejected due to 15 minute timeout, but edit option was still displayed. Is it possible to extend this to, say, 30 minutes? )

https://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/site-update.63856/#post-457438

Although, if you want to be the "King" of the Aircraft Section and populate that then it comes with a permanent First Class Membership

Happy to give it a crack. I assume it will have categories - LSA, GA, weight shift, rotor craft, gliders, etc. If you can give me a template showing required features/data, and a priority, I have the more than 200 aircraft from Guess this Plane to get started on.

• Helpful 1

Good to see the return of the original posters avatar at the front of a topic, and the number of views. If there were no replies, you had no idea if a post had even been read.

• Informative 1