Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

The weekly email update is hopefully coming back. I purchased an addon to provide this however it is not working properly and has bugs...ripped off again...but anyway I am trying and hopefully this week I will get something happening to send out a weekly newsletter

The last version of the site had each post numbered, so that if you wished to refer to a post a couple of pages back, you quoted the post number. This is handy in threads like Guess This Aircraft? Is it possible to restore this?

The last version of the site had each post numbered, so that if you wished to refer to a post a couple of pages back, you quoted the post number. This is handy in threads like Guess This Aircraft? Is it possible to restore this?

Done

It appears the opening screen with the login button is pointing to an incorrect link https://www.recreationalflying.com/forums/login/ and comes back with an error "page cannot be found". The link on the LHS menu points to https://www.recreationalflying.com/login/ and works.

Thanks for letting me know about this...It should be fixed now

• 2 weeks later...

I have imported the Never Ending Story thread so the whole site has to re-index itself which is what it is currently doing

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get rid of that chain down the left hand side, and all the photos and non-forum insertions; it's breaking up the continuity of the forum discussions.

It would be better to be able to click on photos, and then spend time on the photos all in one place.

How do I get rid of that chain down the left hand side, and all the photos and non-forum insertions; it's breaking up the continuity of the forum discussions.

It would be better to be able to click on photos, and then spend time on the photos all in one place.

TP, you could create your own Whats New Stream and exclude things like new gallery images etc from it...then set that Whats New stream as your default Whats New

iPhone version has broken down; colours have gone, posts showing in What’s new cannot be retrieved, link goes back to start of thread shows some posts then thread stops without getting to end. Posts are truncated, can’t see who posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the site is currently being migrated to a new server and the Search function has to be re-indexed to find all the new posts again...it will take several more hours to go through the entire site, in fact you are now seeing the site on a Server located in France and there is very little impact to us in Australia but a massive performance improvement to potential International users. Our server guy in Greece is working away at it and then will set up the new Australian server for Whats Up Australia and Clear Prop.

Load Times:

Country

Previous

Now (or will be)

Australia

1 sec

1.1 sec

USA

2.8 sec

1.3 sec

Europe/UK

3.2 sec

1 sec

This should bring a greater International audience to the site plus I am creating a greater link to Facebook and Twitter as well

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian, I do recall reporting this before, but can't find the post. In the new Video section, I cannot view the full image on my laptop, regardless of what screen resolution I select. As I reduce the resolution, reducing the size of text, the image appears to adjust itself so that I have to scroll up and down to see the top and bottom of the image. Watching Octave's Great Ocean Road video on Youtube, even in full screen mode, I did not have that problem.

@red750 are you saying you did NOT have the problem of the video being too large for your screen on the Great Ocean Rd Video???

Watching Octave's Great Ocean Road video on Youtube, even in full screen mode, I did not have that problem.

When watching it on youtube.com I could see the full image, but on recreationalflying.com I have to reduce the window to three quarters of full width to shrink the image sufficiently to see top and bottom of the scene simultaneously. I am guessing the aspect ratio of the video is 4:3 and the screen is 16:9.

Correct I have the same issue...the video stretches to the size of the screen but maintains the Width/Height ratio. The only way to fix that is to reduce the width a bit which will reduce the height as well and this could be done by adding blocks in the right side column...I will give that some thought on what blocks I could add there

I have checked your notification settings and they are all good...I have also just enhanced the email logging system so I can see more specific sending information...the only thing left is if there is something wrong with your email with your ISP. Let me know if you receive an email about this reply...thanks