Old Station

Yenn

It is proposed that there will be a fly in, gathering at Old Station on the last weekend in May. This will not be an airshow such as we had in the past, but a gathering of flyers and planes, plus other forms of transportation, such as old vehicles. I will keep you informed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

That's positive news Yenn. Old Station is west of the small town of Raglan, which is South of Rockhampton, and North of Gladstone in central Queensland....................................................................Maj...

Old Station 23 deg 50 min South 150 deg 49 min East. Away from towns, just a big strip in the bush, plenty of parking space, great facilities and a very friendly place.

Guest Walter Buschor

Love to come along to this one. Have not been there yet . Hope the weather holds.

fly safe

Walter

For those of you that don't know, the folks at Old Station have run plenty of fly-in's in the past. The last one was held in 2007 but for various reasons have not held one since. We attend the 2005 event just 3 days after I got my X-country endorsement, as such it was my first trip away in our plane. It was well worth the effort and I still rate this as one of the best events I have attended. We also went in 2007 and were even more impressed. Although from what Ian has indicated there will be no airshow this time it will still be well worth attending. Facilities are great and the hospitality the best you will encounter.

If this event goes ahead I urge everyone who can to support it so hopefully it will become a regular on the calender again.

Cheers

Mick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes it is definitely on. I have just got back from a meeting there and it is all under control. Major, Old Station os West of Gladstone, although being nearer rocky it seems to be North. There will be no flying display, but we can provide our own without having to stop for the heavy metal. They are talking in the thousands for the steaks required, so we need a good roll up to ensure nothing gets wasted. The weather should be good and it may be a bit cool at night, but not as cold as Monto was.

See you there.

• 1 month later...

I've just knocked over the 25 hrs test flying in the new Savannah so all set for trip down to Old Station next weekend. The tent and thermals are all packed just in case it is as cold as monto last year. At least we wont freeze on the way home like we did in the Drifter. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Ian

Yes it is definitely on. I have just got back from a meeting there and it is all under control. Major, Old Station os West of Gladstone, although being nearer rocky it seems to be North. There will be no flying display, but we can provide our own without having to stop for the heavy metal. They are talking in the thousands for the steaks required, so we need a good roll up to ensure nothing gets wasted. The weather should be good and it may be a bit cool at night, but not as cold as Monto was.See you there.

Hi Ian. I was over at Balantree Aviation today, and was going to go on over to Old Station but it was blowing a pretty stiff easterly and would of taken me 1/2hr. to do the 20nm. so headed back home while I had a good tail wind. I heard you call from Old Station to say you were heading home, but I was getting towards Banana at that time I'll probably go over on Friday arvo. and try to get sorted with the aircraft parking bit. Mate, I'd like to talk to you as you have experience from previous times. My No. is 0414 832946 if you don't mind could you give me a quick buzz and I'll ring you back.

Cheers Davo.

Guest Maj Millard

What in Pete....I'll look for you !.............................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

I'm definitly there, picking up Windsor early Fri morn at Mackay, Hooking up with Ian and Julie in their new Savvy "Cab sav" at Dingo where they are overnighting, and then over to Old Station. Unfortunatly I have to depart earlish on Saturday to fly back to Townsville, (brothers' 70th party Sat night...must attend) but it's either than or nothing. Weather looks co-operative....looking foward to it !!......Station traffic !!..............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Weather there should be OK, just a slight chance of a shower, but not much, we don't seem to get all that are forecast. It will be cold at night, but there will be a fire to get around, but not as big as in the lold days. The days should be perfect. If you want to find me look for the little old bloke with the white beard.