Old Station

Yenn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bumping this thread as a reminder to all that this great event is coming up.

Old Station Fly-in & Heritage Show (via Raglan)

Sat 25th- Sun 26th May (welcome from Friday 24th May)

Welcome to drive or fly-in and camp for the weekend

Must book for the evening meal.

Donation $10 per person entry fee - proceeds to Capricorn Helicopter Rescue.

Camping in camp grounds ( $30 per site ) or under wing ( free ), food and beverages for sale

Strip Information: 2000m long x 18m wide. Orientation: 06/24; Coordinates: 150 48' 23.8" E & 23 49' 25.0" S Elevation 150 feet.

Avgas available. Radio: 126.7, Ground: 121.6

For general information contact Leonie Creed 0438 346 563 [email protected] or (flying enquiries) Ron Creed phone: 0408 346 536

Guest Maj Millard

I'm there with several others, via Mt Coolan Thursday night.......please weather gods !!!!!!...................Maj...gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this as a reminder this great event is on this weekend coming.

See my post #52 above or the events calender for details.

See you there!

Bumping this as a reminder this great event is on this weekend coming.See my post #52 above or the events calender for details.

See you there!

Yep all packed and looking toward the weather gods for a great weekend .....

Just a touch too far for me and the Fisher Mk1, would love to go though, have a great time everyone, I'll be thinking of you all while I'm stuck here in Adelaide working away. Say hi to Julie, Ian ( Cab Sav) Ivan in the Buccaneer, Peter in the Cessna, and anyone else I may have forgotten. I REALLY wish I was there.

• Agree 1

Yep all packed and looking toward the weather gods for a great weekend .....

Looks like some weather coming through on Thursday. bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

Cab sav is washed and packed, just need to top up the tanks and were ready. 12 aircraft from the Whitsundays are planning to go, just need the weather to cooperate. shame you cant be with us Pat. bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Like 1

Ian, I'd love to be there for the fly in, hope the weather gods shine on you till your home again, look after Ivan and the rest of the flock.

Will be a good run me thinks Ivan still tying to get ready ..

Well all loaded fuelled and checks done paper work up to scratch flight plan set fuel on route sorted wait on weather too clear ready early departure at first light Friday morning. Can't wait , even the Mrs is keen ! gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

• Like 2

Well all loaded fuelled and checks done paper work up to scratch flight plan set fuel on route sorted wait on weather too clear ready early departure at first light Friday morning. Can't wait , even the Mrs is keen ! gangnam.gif.007997afc91fff9e44056d93617435e4.gif

Sorry I was unable to help out with fueling this weekend Doug... I have a very busy weekend. I was hoping to have a look at your beautiful Lightwing... good luck with the trip.

• Informative 1

Sorry I was unable to help out with fueling this weekend Doug... I have a very busy weekend. I was hoping to have a look at your beautiful Lightwing... good luck with the trip.

No worries mate we be buzz about the country

I was out at Old Station today helping prep for the weekend.

They did have some rain last night, but not enough to cause any worries, by mid afternoon it was all dry and blue skies.

Looks like there won't be any more rain but it might get a bit breezy by Sunday. With south westerlies blowing it's going to be cool.

I am flying out in the morning to set up camp for the weekend.

See you there!

We were going to leave this morning for OS but looked at the weather at 6am and with 40knots at 2000 ft and up to 60 knots at 5000 ft It wouldnt be a nice flight. Even this morning it was around 15 knots at the airfield when we met at the hangar and coming from the north west. Also some storms and the trip back on sunday with rain on the cards and punching into a southerly it was decided not to go. Sorry I wont get there this year so will go and take some fuel out of the girlfriend today

Graham Pukuallus went later in the morning he rang me before after arriving at Old Station. He said there were rough sections and smoother parts along the way. Childers landing for refueling was a really rough and challenging stop. Arriving at OS it was very rough from 1000 ft to the strip. Mainly all due to the rotors coming off the mountain ranges to the west