Boonah Operations [4 - 10 Apr 11]

Air_Chief_Marshall

Gentlemen,

Next-week I plan on extending an oppourtunity to members of both this forum and the public in having a airport fully-operational for a period of 1 week next week (4 -10 Apr 11). If there is anyone interested in participating in the session next week, please send me your details via PM or just post them below.

Depending on the level of interest, it will be 24/7 operational airport with a series of events and hops around Australia. If you guys have any suggestions, post them here? Then we can make up a schedule of flights including times/dates of arrivals and departures from Boonah. I can make a basic website in the mean-time with a Pre-Flight Briefing Service, etc. The Primary aerodrome and base of all operations for this exercise will be Boonah, Queensland.

There are two facilities avialable at Boonah:

• AirSport QLD (hangar) - flying school

• Flying Tigers (clubhouse) - club/group of recreational enthuasists

I encourage that we all make good use of these facilties for the duration of the week. By parking outside and using the hangared parking that Boonah has to offer.

The session details are as follows:

AirSport QLD Virtual (subject to change)

Lobby: Free-flight / Flight Training (depending on interest)

Scenery: Aussie Ants Airports Boonah Scenery

Aircraft: RAAus and General Aviation Approved aircraft.

[ATTACH]13434.vB[/ATTACH]

PS: More details in regard to Airport Information and procedure is to follow this weekend.

See you all next-week! 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Boonah.jpg.73b2ff9e55a9489411cdfb5aeb6221e1.jpg

Guest Jake.f

Pity you did not get more interest for this! I would have been up for it except I cannot get that airfield to work and am very short on time.

Pity you did not get more interest for this! I would have been up for it except I cannot get that airfield to work and am very short on time.

No worries man.

I'm still thinking of starting a Virtual Boonah up on the Flight Sim. But I need some support behind me. You can't get it to work. What's the problem mate? Let us know. I'm quite a whiz at the computer so I can help you out.

Just a thought.

Jake,

Just a quick note, the airstrips do not come up in the list of airfields, you have to "find them" using maps, compass and timer. There should be a list of all the strips in your download package which you can find references to get to all the airstrips. For some you have to hop from one to another to get to the airfield you wish to go to. They have even put in a few "day trips" for our touring pleasure.