Went To Taree Today

JIMMYTWO

Drove down to Taree today and called in to Morgans Aeroworks for a look.I found it to be a very impressive workshop and saw a Seirra fuselage being built. What a strong looking aircraft they are.

Gary took me for a quick circuit in the Sierra 100, what a fast bit of machinery that is.140knts downwind.

A big Thank You to Gary and his staff for taking the time out to show me everything

Many Thanks Again.

Hi J2, I was there on Wednesday as well. I did a heap of circuits in the S200 with Garry in the afternoon. The 4 is certainly not the 6 cyl Sierra I fell in love with but capable all the same. Climb out at 60kts 2 up at 500fpm with downwind at about 90kts. You may have seen a pile of bits at the front of the hangar. That is 95% of my S100 kit. My first trip there on Christmas Eve 2009 cost me only dreams. The next trip in Sept 2010 cemented my decision to "Live my Dreams" & the next trip a month ago (caveat emptor) cost me heaps of money. Now the build begins.:clap2:

Kevin

Hi Guys,

A trip to Taree is certainly worthwhile and a big congrats to 'Kg' on getting your Morgan Sierra kit; don't forget to post your progress.

Kevin and I are really looking forward to the completion of our Sierra 200 which should be in about three weeks.

Kevin has just received some photos from Gary with one in particular being of the instrument panel?? I have calculated that this panel is only about four square centimetres in area with the rest being entirely taken up with instruments 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif. I'm not sure what my daughter thinks because the vanity mirror has had to go, might have to fit a large sun visor with a mirror on the back.014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Alan.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Kev, Congratulations on getting your Pilots Certificate.I only found out the other day readindg your testimonial on the Mid Coast Aviation website.I got mine the same day at Kempsey with Dave Rolfe.Did you do your training at Taree with Ross or Dave?

Hi Jimmytwo Kevin is currently back at Taree however he has his lap top with him but I am not sure if he will be checking this forum.

He arrived in Taree yesterday and will be staying until 24th. May. His Sierra is finished so he will be going for his cross country and passenger ratings on his own aircraft and will be flying it back to Adelaide

with an instructor from Adelaide on the 24th. He also intends to log up at least 25 hours on the Sierra so that Gary can service the engine and make any final adjustments before delivery.

His instructor was Ross but I'm not sure of the name of the CFI. Gary Morgan has also put in a fair bit of time with Kevin also.

He has also put in at least 100 HOURS talking to me and re-living his experiences.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

If he doesn't respond on the forum I will endeavour to keep you all up to date. Alan.

Good to hear from Alan,I do remember seeing a Sierra being built whilst I was in Taree. I hope to do an hour in the Sierra this Sunday to finish off for my Pax endorsement, then the fun begins doing my Navexs.say G,day to the crew at Morgans Aeroworks for me

hi j2 congratulations for Pilots Certificate and thanks for you comments hope to catch up again while i an over im sure i will get over to kempsey had allot of fun last time i was there a great group of people .we finished putting the decals on my sierra today looks even better than i imagined i had to pinch myself to make sure i wasnt dreaming

kev

Kev

Well done 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif - some items are in a different position than I'd planned and you don't have the x-plane switch gaurds fitted to the ignition switches ,IMO these are essential to prevent inadvertent turning off ignition.

You can peel off the protective film used on the Garmin 695, SL40 & Trio Alt Hold module .

See you back in Adelaide.

Jake J

What do you think guys......a new Morgan Flagship....they just seem to get better all the time.

That's one thing with Gary he listens to new ideas and suggested improvements and acts on them.

Well done Gary your blood's worth bottling.

Alan Marriette.

PS My Supa Pup has now been sold so my Avatar will be changing to an aerial shot of the new Morgan Flagship.

Stone the crows am I excited or what!!!!!093_celebrate.gif.b819cda4acf84f8ea794b849a8b7287c.gif

KevWell done 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif - some items are in a different position than I'd planned and you don't have the x-plane switch gaurds fitted to the ignition switches ,IMO these are essential to prevent inadvertent turning off ignition.

You can peel off the protective film used on the Garmin 695, SL40 & Trio Alt Hold module .

See you back in Adelaide.

Jake J

ps - due to good ergonomic design I always prefer any 'warning' lights to be " in your face" - not down low as where someone fitted the alternator warning light 054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Thanks guys i am very happy with her all dressed up !

First test fly went well gust a couple of minor adjustments, Garry was unhappy with cruse speed and immediately went to work on a new prop, i dont think any other manufacturer in australia would do the same thing .Well done Garry ,I'm impressed.

kg when will you be in taree ? i will be leaving Monday 23rd

Kind regards

kevin