Drifter Flight Video

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all,

Below is a little video I put together of flight in Sunny's Drifter on the weekend out of The Oaks. It was extremely hot and humid on the ground so it was awesome to get up there and do a local flight with just shorts and a t-shirt!Absolutely awesome too to fire up the Drifter after 4 months of Sunny being away. Realised just how much I missed the open-air flying. Here's to many more flights ahead Sunny!;)

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks guys. No no, this is airborne just building enough speed up close to the ground so we can clear the end of the runway and obstructions safely. You would be surprised how much more lift we got by Sunny flapping his arms. :)

Guest David C

Darren ,

Enjoyed the video again :big_grin:... You are right Darren , nothing quite like the open cockpit on a hot sunny day ....Beautiful ..;)... All we have to do now is talk John into getting a Jab motor in the Bantam , you never know , we may even see 60kts on the ASI one day ;)

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

That's right Dave it would be an idea wouldn't it mate? Enjoyed the video...again. Ha ha 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I got the low pass and landing to work as you could see. Must have scratched the dvd when I put it in the camera.:ah_oh:

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched all yr videos Darren... fantastic!

I was with the family in Ingham (FNQ) last September. Mate there has a Drifter and we spect a lazy afternoon croc spotting and darting over the canefields... next time I'll take my video.

Cheers,

Lee.

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks Lee. Now that would be awesome! That's something I would like to experience and tape. If you can put me intouch with the right person up there...