Darky has her PPL!

As the title says, today I got my PPL :big_grin: I can now terrorise all of Australia!I got the immortal "licence to learn" line from my tester, I have to admit I would've been disappointed if he hadn't said it 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

gr8 Work there Darky ! Congradulations. Hey Whats the PPL set you Back Now days ? Did you do your Raaus Flying Cert First then the PPL ? Cheers Lance

gr8 Work there Darky ! Congradulations. Hey Whats the PPL set you Back Now days ? Did you do your Raaus Flying Cert First then the PPL ? Cheers Lance

The RA-Aus flying does count towards it, yes. But I had to go over the general handling and go solo etc in the Warrior which added hours. I think it cost me round $15,000 at a guess, perhaps a bit less.

Those are two of my favourite gripes

It chews up a lot of time and adds more straws to the cost factor's back

On the other hand you at least can pick up and drop off passengers in the Metro area

Well done Darky. Now with a PPL you will be able to look down on us RAAus types with scorn. Only joking!

Some time in the not too far distant future I will have to eactivate my PPL and there have been mega changes since I last flew a Cessna.

As the title says, today I got my PPL :big_grin: I can now terrorise all of Australia!I got the immortal "licence to learn" line from my tester, I have to admit I would've been disappointed if he hadn't said it 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Congratulations Darky,

It's a great achievement and one you will keep for life. When I passed my GFPT on the way to my PPL, my instructor said to me "Congratulation, you are now one of the 0.01% of the world's population that is entitled to fly an aircraft." I felt about 10 feet tall! Still do - and also realising more than ever how much I still have to learn.

Flying is really not too difficult, but flying well is an endless challenge.

rgmwa

Guest davidh10

Good stuff Darky. Congratulations.

The cost shows why many opt for RAA unless they really need a PPL. My Pilot Certificate cost me about $4k for unrestricted.