What`s Happening???

farri

I met Robert a few weeks ago at the Mulgrave Landcare  AGM! we got chatting, one thing led to another and I told him a bit about recreational aviation and Drifter flying! I offered to take him for a fly and yesterday morning he took up the offer!!!

I took this photo for the Mulgrave Land-care group on their last day of tree planting for 2019!  Later that afternoon I attended their AGM and met Robert there...Expand the photos for a better image. 

230327546_DSC02037(Large).thumb.JPG.154f4f27a3d3cd5ca6ab52ba577a3ba5.JPG  

751772271_DSC00159(Large).thumb.JPG.2ff5613cdd1996d3f17ede7217a39f3d.JPG 1088392007_DSC00161(Large).thumb.JPG.87599172e14d7b928ecb5e990f680ea0.JPG

Franco.

• Like 2

Me next. LoL

spacesailor

You`re on! All you have to do is get up here!  :laugh:

Spacey, the queue starts over there, it's about 150 metres long ....  :cheezy grin:

I love it!!!  :thumb up:

I,m in Sydney,  so in front of Melbourne  & Adalaid & of course Perth..LoL

spacesailor

Brilliant!!!  :clap:

No, had a ride in a Thruster when starting, 

The owner had two, & wanted to sell them together. He should have taken my & my brothers offer of one grand each,

Then he lost everything in a fire, could be insurance job, but didn't think he had any, lived behind the cafe on the Hawksbury river bridge.

Someone will know who he was I think.

Did my training in a Foxbat. But failed the paperwork.

spacesailor

• 2 weeks later...

From the Drifter, this afternoon! Over the years, I`ve had some amazing flights in the Drifter! this one`s right up there with the best of them.

1459455482_DSC00188(Large).thumb.JPG.31d4bc7bdeb6337d9a7f64e30723d2d5.JPG 82271142_DSC00194(Large).thumb.JPG.4803325eb5d201e622efa19a3ff268b7.JPG 1043091941_DSC00195(Large).thumb.JPG.0d33b3da9514dbb4d0c8a9826dee55de.JPG

Franco.

• Like 5

Some days the humidity is over 90% and the temp is in the high thirties, but compared to what`s happening in so many other parts of the country, home here is paradise! we won`t be out of the Cyclone season until the end of April, though, so anything could happen before then.

We havn`t had any serious rain yet but more than enough to keep the grass growing at an alarming rate! the clouds in the photos I posted yesterday, were the remains of the thunder storm that occurred on Tuesday night and went on into yesterday morning, by afternoon, perfect flying weather! a real magic carpet ride! well, for me anyway.

Franco.

• 2 weeks later...

You know its cold if after stopping your legs and arms are a bunch blobs you can't control. Then the shaking and pain starts again.

Ah the old days. At least with a bike, a cold ride can be stopped and shelter sought in the warm embrace if a beer holding bar.

My twin wants to sail to Antarctica one day with me. That will be brass monkey cold.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Guest Machtuk

Social distancing at it`s best... From the Drifter, yesterday afternoon.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="DSCF7026 (Large).JPG]51736[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full" alt="DSCF7020 (Large).JPG]51737[/ATTACH]

Franco.

Nive view, aerial spreading of the virus?

• 3 months later...

Yes, some don't warm to it. They prefer something around them. You don't know till you try, just what your reaction will be. The biggest failing is forgetting to put the helmet visor down. Nev

Yes, some don't warm to it. They prefer something around them. You don't know till you try, just what your reaction will be. The biggest failing is forgetting to put the helmet visor down. Nev

You forget FT - that Frank has a white stick he puts in front of him feeling the way. Franks hard core - what helmet.

• Haha 2