What`s Happening???

farri

Indeed when we got out there it was quite windy lucky as we didn't have a good strip so just dropped it in the paddock, boy it was rough I was mighty impressed no one didn't break an axle 045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gif

I shouldn't think you would break one when you see the size of it in the photos:yikes:and after all it has lasted since 1908:happy dance:

Fantastic photos....this is what this site is all about.

Alan.

• More 1

I shouldn't think you would break one when you see the size of it in the photos:yikes:and after all it has lasted since 1908:happy dance:Fantastic photos....this is what this site is all about.

Alan.

True! We had a spare... 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• 5 months later...
[ATTACH=full]13953[/ATTACH]

hi jordy

The extra bit of perspex you have on your windscreen did you make that yourself? does it help to keep more of the breeze out of you face? my maxair drifter seems to have a lower windscreen than norm and I cope a fair whack of the wind on my whole body.

Bacon

hi jordyThe extra bit of perspex you have on your windscreen did you make that yourself? does it help to keep more of the breeze out of you face? my maxair drifter seems to have a lower windscreen than norm and I cope a fair whack of the wind on my whole body.

Bacon

Hey Bacon,

Yes to all. I start off using my hand on top of my screen whilst flying and checking how much buffeting it eliminated. Made up a rough template and shaped the material as per its performance. If the spoiler is too big it induces tail flutter (shake) and too small there is not enough protection. the same also applies to the angle. Good luck

• 3 years later...
Just wondering if any Drifters have been flexing their wings lately!Hows everyone going?

Frank.

Hi All,

Long time no posts so I thought I would revive this thread....

I got home in time to go for a quick flight before last light tonight... Only .4 but loved it just the same.

Kiwi

DSC_1313.JPG.476f5310c549f609596271973f712731.JPG

• Like 6
  • Winner 1

Hi All,Long time no posts so I thought I would revive this thread....I got home in time to go for a quick flight before last light tonight... Only .4 but loved it just the same.

Kiwi

[ATTACH=full]39295[/ATTACH]

Very nice,Kiwi!...Goodonya.

Frank.

Hi All,Long time no posts so I thought I would revive this thread....

I got home in time to go for a quick flight before last light tonight... Only .4 but loved it just the same.

Kiwi

Hi All,

Here's a Pic of the Yellow Hornet at the recent Childers Breaky Fly-In. Couldn't resist doing a few circuits in between stints cooking on the BBQ.

You can never get tired of looking at Drifter pics.

image.jpeg.0dd2356e8396befb34ad2bb4896b778f.jpeg

• Like 3

Kiwi

Nice!

Kiwi

Beautiful shot Kiwi, Hope the Rans is not jealous.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Knocked off early today, meant to mow the lawn but went for a quick fly first.

If you know Gatton Airpark you may notice something strange in this photo....

Yes, the windsock is pointing straight down the strip!

Kiwi.DSC_1328.JPG.c60687be46e338bd7fc43b8c01583b4c.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Should have another engine mid next week. Will be good to be back in the air. Been freezing my arxe off flying through winter, been hanging for warm summer days.....then engine sh1ts itself. Been grounded for over a month.

A person with a busted Drifter who is hanging out to fly might use this as an excellent opportunity to ... Oh I dunno ... Rent a Drifter with someone in the back seat who can sign off their BFR.

I know nothing. I see nothing. Assume the same. 042_hide.gif.f5e8fb1d85d95ffa63d9b5a325bf422e.gif

I also don't have acces to a Drifter to rent where I am. I wish I did

A person with a busted Drifter who is hanging out to fly might use this as an excellent opportunity to ... Oh I dunno ... Rent a Drifter with someone in the back seat who can sign off their BFR.I know nothing. I see nothing. Assume the same. 042_hide.gif.f5e8fb1d85d95ffa63d9b5a325bf422e.gif

I also don't have acces to a Drifter to rent where I am. I wish I did

BFR not due for a while. Not going to spend money I need for an engine, flying an instructor around. Not like I've been on the ground for a ong time.

BFR not due for a while. Not going to spend money I need for an engine, flying an instructor around. Not like I've been on the ground for a ong time.

And not like the Drifter is exactly the most demanding of aircraft to fly after a break - that's one of the lovely things about them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about ready to flex my Drifter wings. Just bought a 10 year old super drifter! I will be taking the maiden flight in the next month. I'm putting new sails on her from a company in California. I overlaid my idea of a Chilean flag in paint to give me an idea of how my design will look. They are in transit now. Hope to get them next week. I'm also going to change out some fuel lines and fuel pump. I posted his info if anyone needs a sail maker. He communicates excellent and wants to make exactly what you want. I feel fortunate I found his company.

The Ultralight Store

4535 W. Whittier Ave.

Hemet, CA 92545

951-925-7780 or [email protected]

IMG_20151113_092000.jpg.6c1693cf544defb3b8c2a76f3f0e650b.jpg

IMG_20151212_222727.jpg.696c34ea6c962f46985ff4cf5c0c027e.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This is the family of Michael ( blue Singlet ) and Maria ( holding camera)! Michael and Maria have flown with me previously!

This morning I had the pleasure of taking these four young ladies, for a flight in the Drifter...The lady in the floral dress went flying with me, for the first time a week ago and came back for a second fly! It was the first flight in an Ultralight, for the other three ladies and I reckon the smile on everyone, says it all.

1612688117_MichaelMariaandFamily.(Large).jpg.3c0fa4a299829c445632f7b193148096.jpg

Frank,

Ps, Some more good PR for Drifter flying.

• Winner 2

Our 25 Hour test flying is finished, and no concerns, paper work in, just waiting for the go ahead for registration. Our WB 912 is coming to an airfield near you, well maybe if you live in Queensland.HJG_1898.jpg.eb52fb56dddd9dbd3ec9dc444f3db182.jpg

• Like 4