What's the best way to ditch a microlight?

Many years ago I flew from the airfield over the hedge from there & even then periodically witnessed a Cherokee being flown in a, shall we say, "enthusiastic" manner. Might not have been the same pilot or aircraft though.

Cheers

John

From memory John, I don't recall any other 140 being flown from Sittles other than Alan's, . . . until recently. . . it was based on the site for a very long time, but another one arrived there around 2 yrs ago, owned by a Lady pilot. I never saw that one fly. . . Dunno if it's still there as although as I used to drop in there quite often; and avail myself of a hot pie from the honesty box tucker caravan. . . I have not flown in for quite a long time.

Interesting that you flew from Roddige, I wonder how long ago ? It is still operating, It's always amazed me how they can operate two airfields that close together, especially considering that Roddige has a very active flying school, and lots of flying members. . . must take a lot of careful discipline amongst all the pilots, especially on a nice summer day, as I don't think either field has an air/ground radio setup, most of them seem to use 129.825 ( National Microlight Air / Ground ) and make blind calls.

The "Few Jars" at a pleasant ale establishment idea is most appealing by the way ( hic..)

Happy triking ( but hopefully not ditching. . . .)

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An aquaintance of mine once ended up inverted in the drink, due to a water landing being carried out with the gear extended. I seem to recall that he wrote a short article about lessons learned in the AUF mag (somewhere around '1996/97). I think he said there were two things he learned, one was that you need to wear your PFD, not keep it stowed on the a/c , as after you hit you wont know which way is up, while you come to grips with things. I can't remember the other thing.