• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
rdarby

Ultralight crash into lake Jindabyne

Unfortunately one of the deceased is a very well known member of our Recreational Flying community here...our thoughts go out to his loved ones and friends

Always a sad day when one of the community goes down, even worse when it is one you know (even if only online).

Thoughts and prayers are with the families in a tough time.

Oh man! That's terrible, from Queensland and flying a Petrel can only mean one person. That's tragic! :(

A sad sad event, My thoughts are with both families and all those involved.

Phil

It is a sad, sad day when a life is lost. My sincere condolences to the family -and friends- of those that died.

What a sad day. It leaves you speachless when we turn on the news and see someone pass away from something they love doing.

My sympathy, to all those involved.

I wasn`t aware of the accident until I saw it on the news 10 minutes ago!

Frank.

Just letting the mind wander as it tends to do after these sad events. I watched the factory videos on the Super Petrel when they first appeared here, and I could see that it was one fine, and well developed flying machine. I took a quick look at one that arrived at Old Station recently, and it just further peaked my interest in the type. I'm not familiar with Lake Jindabyne, does anyone know what the density altitude would be up there ?............................................................................Maj...

Just letting the mind wander as it tends to do after these sad events. I watched the factory videos on the Super Petrel when they first appeared here, and I could see that it was one fine, and well developed flying machine. I took a quick look at one that arrived at Old Station recently, and it just further peaked my interest in the type. I'm not familiar with Lake Jindabyne, does anyone know what the density altitude would be up there ?............................................................................Maj...

Lake Jindabyne is about 3000ft AMSL and the temp at that time was 7deg and QNH 1026.

Sincere sympathy to family and friends. A great loss.

sad news. Height 3,400 feet above sea level.