Insurance

Floatplane

FYI

For those that have insurance with xxE or perhaps others (as they most probably underwrite them anyway), you may want to double check your policy because there seems serious issues which "should something unfortunately happen" they will not pay BUT when challenged in court they haven't a leg to stand on 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif, so my advice -

find someone else ASAP or clear up any issues before the event!

Don't ask, not allowed to say - yet! 072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif

FP

.."should something unfortunately happen" they will not pay ..

But... isn't insurance supposed to be in case of something unfortunate happening? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Understand that you may not be able to elaborate yet but am very interested in what they are trying to pull on. roar.gif.571bd1320880f6a67bbabd7db32e09f4.gif

• Like 1

I'm also interested in finding out the missing pieces........ please tell us more

Can't fill out 'missing pieces' I'm sorry at this stage, as I understand it's currently going through the legal process. He gave me some free advice which I'm taking and having a lawyer check over my policy, to date I beleive it has similiar issue, so if mine is, I reckon there must be more! 064_contract.gif.1ea95a0dc120e40d40f07339d6933f90.gif

Check it out is what advice I give you, before something happens.

rgs

FP

But... isn't insurance supposed to be in case of something unfortunate happening? 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gifUnderstand that you may not be able to elaborate yet but am very interested in what they are trying to pull on. roar.gif.571bd1320880f6a67bbabd7db32e09f4.gif

Yes it should, and personally very concerned about my policy now as it's an amphib like the other guys! pope.gif.f606ef85899745c40c103dff0622d758.gif

FP

Guest Redflags

Interesting and many thanks for the warning FP. Sad to hear it but not surprised because years ago I had a tool box stolen from my work car (inside it was) and thought everything was covered till it was broken into and stolen along with a few other things. Insurance wouldn't pay out as they "in small print" stated that it had to be bolted down in the car! bit hard whan I use it daily and dissppointing because A, I assumed as they knew my trade it was covered, B, I should not have trusted them, guess who they were? a sub-branch of the same crowd it seems! I took them to court and won due misrepresentation. :rule:

Thankfully I'm with another company and agree, check your policies guys/girls! I hope this other guy gets a win, otherwise send him my way as I have good contacts that get great results as they paid and we went for way more ok.

cheers

Redflags

• 4 weeks later...

Water Operation 'grey area'

Ok, I heard the reason there was an issue, checked myself and sure enough this guy was correct, there is a problem with some insurance policies especially for those 'not covered for water ops'. Like most, one considers water ops (and its risk factor) when actually "on the water" like if your taxing or about to takeoff and hit something like a boat, pier etc. The trouble is and the example I was given was - if you took off from Rose Bay, crashed on short final at Perth Airport (yes an amphib we're talking about) then you would "NOT" be covered for flight because you conducted "water operations"! yet the definiation of Flight 'internationally" is either a) when under under power or b) when final cabin door is closed thus even water ops your covered under these terms.

It does open up a can of worms I must say - and if you check CASA's defination of 'airborne' for single engine and twins its amazing what you find. Some say, it's airborne when 50' above the surface/ground, others say its the height equal to its wingspan!. Personally I take the risk on the water, if its rough I don't land, if there is traffic (water) I go somewhere else thus reducing the 'risk factor' BUT when airborne I expected to be covered which it appears we are not. My policy is now fixed thanks to this guy, took a bit via my brooker but my advice - check policy and if need be, find another before its too late!

Happy Flying - I think

FP

You're airborne the instant the rubber loses contact with the surface. Those other definitions sound like they are terms applied to the regulation they contain.

Hi Turboplanner,

Never heard that one before but I like it! :thumb_up:

Makes sense too, however as stated earlier that needs to be placed or agreed to in writing between insurer and insurance company, trust me with what I witnessed recently with a mates plane (that crashed) would make your hair curl, especially when they "insurance company" try to dodge the bullet. big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

The moral to this story is - know what you're insured for, because end of the day, they do try "not to pay out" and they in turn should know thier product, it was clear to me they didn't! 077_smash_pc.gif.f5903d27a57d2bd4c7b9e20e21a3465c.gif

Regards

FP

Anyone had an experience where the Insurer paid out fair and square.It's good to bag the bad guys here but it would be good to know who the good guys are - if there are any.

I had Motorcycle insurance with QBE and in the second year the bike was stolen. They coughed up without a murmur. I think you are usually better off with the big boys on insurance. One claim is not going to ruin their year and they depend on having a good name to win and keep business.

I have no experience with aviation insurance.

It was the company you speak about! 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif Just don't think much of some of their staff, I'm not risking my 100k plane with them thats for sure.

I think it's pretty obvoius to pay out on a bike than a 200k a/c .

Know a guy locally that wrote off his AC a few weeks ago less than a year old, insurance paid up in a bit over a week & he even bought the wreck back off them for a bargain (my opinion) price. Must ask him which Company that was with.

Please do, I'd be very interested

Rgs

FP

Before you hand over your hard-earned, consider giving Aaron a call for a quote. He has saved me a lot of money compared to what that other mob was charging and my claim was paid without any hassles at all... kaz

Aaron Stephenson

RGIB - Rural and General Insurance Brokers

Phone: (02) 9466 0080

Direct: (02) 9466 0018

Fax: (02) 9466 0070

Mobile: (0417) 29 2209

Email [email protected]

Postal Address: GPO BOX 3595 SYDNEY NSW 2001

• Like 1

But do they do amphibs?

Rgs

FP

Before you hand over your hard-earned, consider giving Aaron a call for a quote. He has saved me a lot of money compared to what that other mob was charging and my claim was paid without any hassles at all... kazsome hours later

............... yes they do as I found out however its through %$va*"@# QBE :yuk: Nice chap as you said, so thanks :thumb_up:

FP

Aaron Stephenson

RGIB - Rural and General Insurance Brokers

Phone: (02) 9466 0080

Direct: (02) 9466 0018

Fax: (02) 9466 0070

Mobile: (0417) 29 2209

Email [email protected]

Postal Address: GPO BOX 3595 SYDNEY NSW 2001

It was ALLIANZ - His premium was $1K more than mine on $70K (same as mine) though.Cheers

Dexter

Thanks Dex

I'm waiting for quote so we'll see what happens, if need be though I'm getting insurance OS, and yes connected here in OZ :thumb_up: they can't be any worse than Q-- thats for sure!

FP

• 2 weeks later...