So what am I missing? I was flying around Melbourne the other day and noticed that Sunbury (pop. 31000) is not marked on the Avmap. Nor is Yea, (pop. 15000) Neither are new towns and there are plenty of smaller, much smaller, places marked. If I found two then there must be plenty of others not marked. Why is that? Anybody know?

So what am I missing? I was flying around Melbourne the other day and noticed that Sunbury (pop. 31000) is not marked on the Avmap. Nor is Yea, (pop. 15000) Neither are new towns and there are plenty of smaller, much smaller, places marked. If I found two then there must be plenty of others not marked. Why is that? Anybody know?

Jeppersen database don't do that ( or maybe I'm missing something also)035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Been flying behind an AVMAP for a while. See my Avatar... This sort of thing, no town etc. is just why I bought a 7inch Recreational flying GPS and the maps that go with it.....It gives you the situational awareness of a paper map, without the clutter in a j230 cockpit. Use one of those free kneeboards that CASA gave away and the mounts supplied with the kit. Still carry the neatly folded paper map as a backup..... all good. :big_grin:

Marcus

Been flying behind an AVMAP for a while. See my Avatar... This sort of thing, no town etc. is just why I bought a 7inch Recreational flying GPS and the maps that go with it.....It gives you the situational awareness of a paper map, without the clutter in a j230 cockpit. Use one of those free kneeboards that CASA gave away and the mounts supplied with the kit. Still carry the neatly folded paper map as a backup..... all good. :big_grin:Marcus

Thanks for the note on the GPS...but what I want to know is how to go about getting those free kneeboards you mentioned?

Does anyone know of a list of towna with GPS coords that you could upload into something like this? I have the skyview and as long as I can get it into Google Maps I can get it to my glass.

Thanks for the note on the GPS...but what I want to know is how to go about getting those free kneeboards you mentioned?

Came with the flight planning pack that CASA gave out at a travelling seminar a month or so back. The vacuum mount affair sticks nicely, and on your knee it is out of the direct sun...:big_grin:

Marcus

• Like 1

Really nice and interesting ; all that info about knee boards. Unluckily I can't see my knees in my Jodel. And that wasn't the question anyway. I see I shall have to ask Jeppensen....

• 1 year later...