Looking for a Caravan or similar

Field

Hello

Im working up a feasibility for a project that if it went ahead is going to need a float access to a remote location in the kimberley.

8 - 12 seater flying out of derby and broome in may - sept. Just wondering if anybody here knew anyone or who could point me in any direction.

thanks

Guest Andys@coffs

I worked on some early retractable floats models that the ex head engineer of British Aerospace Australia and a guy called Saxxon Ruddock had designed. the solution was for Cessna Caravan and there was intent to look at Dash 8 as well..... I believe their Company was called Tigerfish Aviation but I dont know if it ever got to productisation. The model and the engineering showed that the retract floats provided a 20% reduction in drag which was significant...

That was all 5+ years ago and I lost track of what they did and where they were going...might be worth a look though.

Andy

Guest ozzie

I heard of a Turbine Otter floatie flying out of Broome about 8 years ago. Airwhitsunday's Beavers with the advanced wing have a more pax capacity 8 i think. They also now have a Caravan on floats. Ask "Major" he works there.

Ozzie

• 2 weeks later...

Mate check insurances before you proceed, you maybe so shocked you won't go ahead.

Rgs

FP

HelloIm working up a feasibility for a project that if it went ahead is going to need a float access to a remote location in the kimberley.

8 - 12 seater flying out of derby and broome in may - sept. Just wondering if anybody here knew anyone or who could point me in any direction.

thanks

Totally agree, I've owed 2, on my third and trust me hire if you can because buying for that sort of job will break your budget for sure.

Rgs

FP

If you are looking to hire, Broome aviation would make sense. The C208 Caravan will give 12 seats but you will need a fair bit of water to get off, they are not best performing amphibian when compared to say a single Otter. If you want to purchase, you are talking lots of $$$$$$$$$, turbines are expensive. I don't know of any 8 seat piston amphibs out there in Ozz.

The single turbine Otter is a spectacular performer on floats, they leave the C208 behind in the spray, however, the C208 is a very fine aircraft. I guess the C208 is a lot less $$$ because we don't see many single Otters out here, whereas in Canada the Otters outnumber the C208s significantly.

David

Perhaps speak to Gippsland Airvan folk who are now also working on a variation of the Nomad? Much cheaper than a Caravan and seems a fine machine.

MAF at Coldstream have been palying with an Airvan in recent months.

kaz

Perhaps speak to Gippsland Airvan folk who are now also working on a variation of the Nomad? Much cheaper than a Caravan and seems a fine machine.MAF at Coldstream have been palying with an Airvan in recent months.

kaz

good luck