SDS fuel injection

gerard1

That's interesting re the single ECU as I wondered if the double ECU was the preferable option or not, but good to see the single setup is giving good service. Make no mistake, I think it looks like a brilliant system for a very reasonable price!!

That's interesting re the single ECU as I wondered if the double ECU was the preferable option or not, but good to see the single setup is giving good service. Make no mistake, I think it looks like a brilliant system for a very reasonable price!!

We have delivered over 1500 single ECU aviation systems worldwide and another 400 dual ECU ones. The dual option exists mostly for peace of mind for those who don't totally trust electronics. We find about a 50/50 split in the last 2 years.

• Informative 1

The 6 cylinder setup to do trim requires quite a few other parts to give redundancy- 2nd wiring harness and sensor suite, relay box, dual type programmer etc. You're looking at about $1300US extra. Could be retrofitted later and some of these costs could be saved by ordering the required dual sensors and programmer at first.

Some people have retained the carb as a backup fuel source. You'd just need a fuel valve between the stock pump and float bowl. Switch off ECUpower if there was some sort of partial failure.

Most folks take the full leap and remove the carb though. A half million flight hours proves that the electronics is probably more reliable than the carb. You do have to keep feeding it electrons though and certainly some people have had shutdowns due to poor wiring practices, alternator failures etc. We recommend a backup battery or alternator in all cases.

• Like 2