Dave Sykes Has Landed in Oz

Ronin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been emailed from Eugene (RAAus President):

I just had a phone call from Bronwyn, driving back from with Sydney with Steve T and Dave C after the presentation to Dave Sykes.

I am told it went very well and should be on tonights news it was filmed by both 7 and 10 TV stations, if you are near a TV tonight should be worth watching the News.

• Like 2

Ian, that's great to hear, depending on when Dave is heading back Newcastle way i may be able to get some more video but due that dammdable thing called work if he does it this afternoon then i will miss out if tomorrow should be ok, i will keep my fingers crossed he decides to stay in Sydney at least one night....Eric

Dave is parked in Dick smiths hangar on Miles Avenue, Bankstown Airport.

He is unsure when he will be heading out to Newcastle.

He is off to see the sites of Sydney today.

Hopefully we will get an update on his movements before he leaves.

Col

As I said before David Sykes is a legend thats for sure...and he also seems to be a pretty nice guy tooMark

And if you don't believe it... give his blog a quick read. It will blow you away... broken bones, sickness, fear of heights... he just keeps going... It really blew me away.

yep caught it on 7 news in Sydney, great to see Hans and of course Dick Smith, and the way he described the trip, it's been our thoughts all along, the only disappointment was the way Chris Bath said that he flew a wheel chair or likened his trike to a motor mower with a wing, but i was really happy to see that someone at least recognised what a great trip and what a remarkable man, i will endeavour to let all from Newcastle know is he's up for a meal depends on the notice we get, he does seem to do things spontaneously and when the weather and permits are ok....Eric

yep caught it on 7 news in Sydney, great to see Hans and of course Dick Smith, and the way he described the trip, it's been our thoughts all along, the only disappointment was the way Chris Bath said that he flew a wheel chair or likened his trike to a motor mower with a wing, but i was really happy to see that someone at least recognised what a great trip and what a remarkable man, i will endeavour to let all from Newcastle know is he's up for a meal depends on the notice we get, he does seem to do things spontaneously and when the weather and permits are ok....Eric

If this is what was said?, Chris Bath has confirmed the old saying that "It is better to let people think you are a complete idiot, than to open your mouth like that, and confirm it to the world.

Hang your head in shame Chris Bath (Alias Richard Cranium):csm:

P.S. Just googled Chris Bath. I knew the name but did'nt realise she was a woman. Pity she does'nt have much of a brain unlike our Flightygirl, FlyingVista Sue, or, Darky.

It would be great if one of you guy's have recorded the newscast. I am stuck back here in Scotlandand have been trying to keep up with the arrival etc what type of reception Dave received. I am also waiting to see if it makes it on to uk tv.As has been said previously if it aint doom and gloom no station wants to cover it.If one of you guys could point me to a link of the footage I would be greatful.

I will be flying over in November but I am taking the easy way 747.

cheers

William

Ps. Thanks for showing dave people care all the best, fly high fly safe

Hi Donald

It is the same this side of the world I would love to do a huge flight like that but the logistics are just mind blowing from trying to get through corrupt third world countries and all the red tape never mind the actual flying. even worse the costs involved I believe Dave recons it cost over £20k.

It makes my plans to fly from Scotland to Lanzarote pale into insignificance.

I was hoping to visit Sydney again on my next trip to Oz in November but looks like time might be at a premium as my brother has booked a riverboat on the Murray for a week.

cheers

William

Probably, when talking with Dave he mentioned his computer has been giving him all sorts of grief, he joked about pouring petrol on it and burning it, so i don't think he has been near here at this stage...