Sparviero Aircraft- Looks nice.

winsor68

Brad... Looks like a Texan with a bigger turtle-deck to me... I wonder if it has the same delightful flying qualities?

I have just flown a sparverio at Caloundra. Most impressed.A calm day helps but it was rock solid to fly. It has a trim lever which I find far better than electric on the stick,mind you once set the trim is really for fine tuning in the cruise. Reduce the power and the nose lowers.increase power and it climbs,once set I did not touch the trim after take off. The stall was preceeded with pronounced buffeting so you could not miss it. With a really high nose up attitude there was as expected a 30deg wing drop which rudder and power corrects immediately. In all one of the nicest,most comfortable aircraft I have flown. I certainly (personal view) prefer it to the texan.

• Like 1

I had a close look at the Sparvierro at Temora... very impressive IMO. I didn't fly it but sat in the cockpit... from there it feels like you are in a really super high performance aircraft and IMO great ergonomics.

If only there was hangar age available!!!! I'd sell what remaining relatives I have, mortgage the house (some more) and buy one

It doesnt need a hangar.The one at Caloundra lives outside.No hangar costs. ties down ok being a nosewheel aircraft.

If only there was hangar age available!!!! I'd sell what remaining relatives I have, mortgage the house (some more) and buy one

You are going to have some pissed of relies Hongie... Hangarage is not the problem you think it is...

I had a look over the Sparviero recently and sat in it.. yes it was very comfy and ticked a lot of boxes. The thing that annoyed me was the sales pitch - "demonstrator is $90K... expect a bit more for a new one due to the $ exchange" considering $90K is advertised (inc GST ex Brisbane). That to me means the demo was bought at $90K, flown around the place and now the dollar has slid, wants to sell at the same price with lots of hours on airframe/engine...

Annoyed me enough to look elsewhere...

I know... they always have a "get out" clause + options = $$...

Hongie, I wouldn't be happy with a composite under UV all day every day.. asking for trouble if you ask me. I never see gliders pegged down out in the open.

If the Brumby 600 (alloy airframe) was somewhat cheaper then that would be my option, if only to keep the $$ in Aus.... A lot of 30yo cessnas / pipers that have spent their life in the open.

Winsor

I can tell you hangarage is a big problem in the brisbane area it may not be around Mackay or Townsville. I have very actively been on the hunt for a hangar for my SAV for around 6 months and only scored one right at the last minute. Gympie is almost full and Kilcoy is the same both are at least 1 hrs drive from my home...Redcliffe is just way too expensive at 4 to 500 per month. Hongie is right....if you want to buy a hangar at Caboolture then the going rate is $90,000 plus lease fees per year and the hangars are old not new and to my knowledge there is only 1 for sale at the moment on the whole airfield.

Mark

Hi

Im the sales pitch guy, just to let you know the cost of a Sparviero has increased since 24-7801 was purchased, henced the increase on new aircraft, also if you would like to know how we work out the final cost of your aircraft arriving and ready to fly just ring me 07 54913977.

This aircraft is carbon fiber composite and to see how it has handled the out side conditions at Caloundra is a credit to the build of the plane, also if you work it out this way - hanger cost $400 per Month =$4800 per year x 4 years = $19200

cost to repaint approximatley $4000, cost of covers $1000.

Lots of hours on air frame/engine, apparently you never ask the question at Natfly, it had 44 hours on both, now has 60.9, also to let you know we have done a 100hr service on 24-7801 on the return from Natfly.

As i have ownly flown a few aircraft, and only a newbe, it was good to fly with Geoffery as he put it through it paces, just to have a look at his log book was a privelege, I also have quite a few hours up on a Texan (also from Italy)

We have had a cockpit cover on the Sparviero which was gladly given to me by Geoff Larson from Emerald flying school. Geoff has ask a few times to put the Sparviero into his stable for training, but again we are consicious of running up the hours etc.

If you are interested in a trial flight ring me on the number above. See you for breakfast at Gatton weather permitting.

PS situation change will miss Gatton breakfast

thanks for the info aussie... I was under the impression that its the actual composite construction that is at risk if left exposed to UV for extended periods? Not just the paint?

Can anyone comment on that?

HiIm the sales pitch guy, just to let you know the cost of a Sparviero has increased since 24-7801 was purchased, henced the increase on new aircraft, also if you would like to know how we work out the final cost of your aircraft arriving and ready to fly just ring me 07 54913977.

This aircraft is carbon fiber composite and to see how it has handled the out side conditions at Caloundra is a credit to the build of the plane, also if you work it out this way - hanger cost $400 per Month =$4800 per year x 4 years = $19200

cost to repaint approximatley $4000, cost of covers $1000.

Lots of hours on air frame/engine, apparently you never ask the question at Natfly, it had 44 hours on both, now has 60.9, also to let you know we have done a 100hr service on 24-7801 on the return from Natfly.

As i have ownly flown a few aircraft, and only a newbe, it was good to fly with Geoffery as he put it through it paces, just to have a look at his log book was a privelege, I also have quite a few hours up on a Texan (also from Italy)

We have had a cockpit cover on the Sparviero which was gladly given to me by Geoff Larson from Emerald flying school. Geoff has ask a few times to put the Sparviero into his stable for training, but again we are consicious of running up the hours etc.

If you are interested in a trial flight ring me on the number above. See you for breakfast at Gatton weather permitting.

PS situation change will miss Gatton breakfast

Oct 26, 2009

Trophies

Aircraft:

skyfox

Wow Aussie, member since 2009 and this is your first post... really getting into the rec flying forum I see... "This and that flying schools want this A/C" but none have taken it up...

Good luck, but the audience is limited and better machines show up daily in this market..

there is no this and that flying schools mention, only one, and this is most likley why i dont post as mor people interpert things in there own way.

thanks for the Good luck and yes there are alway going to be new machines on the scene.

thats 2 posts

thank you for your input

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No hangar problem with 7801 now. I was lucky enough to accompany the new owner to fly it from Caloundra to Tocumwal. 100kts cruise G/S with a headwind. 18ltrs/hr. Overnight Narromine(great spot, motel on field $75 for 2)a pit stop Temora on the way. It is very very comfortable for long flights.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...