Bantam B22

Riley

For hangar space utilization planning I need to know the footprint measurements of a Bantam B22. Don't have access to one to measure & Google gives only length (9m) and w/span (5.5m) but nothing about size (height & width) of empennage. I'd be grateful if anyone out there could provide the necessary numbers. Tks in advance

Guest Maj Millard

Just a guess, but I'd say the width of the tail would be a bit under 3 meters, and the top of the fin and rudder would be about 3-3.5 mts above the ground......................................................................Maj...

I hope this helps:

Bantam Specs

BANTAM B22J 85 H.P. 4 CYLINDER 4 STROKE

Cruise Speed: 65 knots

Stall Speed: 25 knots

Vne: 80 knots

Length: 6,00m

Width: 9,50m

Height: 3,20m

MTOW: 438 kg

Empty: 200 kg

Useful Load: 238 kg

Take-off Run: 40-60m

Landing length: 60m

Source: http://www.microaviationsa.co.za/pages/specsban.htm

Maj & 80K's. Based on your info, we calculate that the weightshift and the B22 will peacefully co-exist in the available space so we're bringing the trike in from the country on Sunday. Thanks for your assistance gentlemen. Cheers Riley.

• 1 month later...
Maj & 80K's. Based on your info, we calculate that the weightshift and the B22 will peacefully co-exist in the available space so we're bringing the trike in from the country on Sunday. Thanks for your assistance gentlemen. Cheers Riley.

was this a question on my behalf??

was this a question on my behalf??

Assuming that 'trikepilot' and 'Kathy B' are one and the same, then yes, the query was inspired by your hangaring requirements. I was chasing info earlier to confirm that the hangar in discussion would accomodate both your flying machines. It eventuates that there's enough floor space left over for you to go out an buy a third aircraft! Merry Christmas. cheers Riley

Assuming that 'trikepilot' and 'Kathy B' are one and the same, then yes, the query was inspired by your hangaring requirements. I was chasing info earlier to confirm that the hangar in discussion would accomodate both your flying machines. It eventuates that there's enough floor space left over for you to go out an buy a third aircraft! Merry Christmas. cheers Riley

Kathy (L) yes we are the same. Don't think I can afford a third aircraft lol! Merry xmas Will have to try and get up to Bindoon in Jan and fly the trike!!! if the weather settles???