Solo...

Just thought I'd put it out there... I did a first solo flight yesterday in a Puchacz glider.

I'm still pretty fresh with gliders, but have now got a bit of time in them, it is great fun, though I think I do like powered flying better! Probably mostly for the self efficiency of it. Gliders are a great way to have a bit of fun in the air though... spins, aero's etc... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

The main reason for this new pastime is because I'm going to do some towing at the club, and it's a good idea to know what is happening at both ends of the string!

• Like 5

The main reason for this new pastime is because I'm going to do some towing at the club, and it's a good idea to know what is happening at both ends of the string!

Be carefull Tomo, you might get too attached. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I bet that one tied you up in knots.013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Alan.

Tomo, KNOW the air, those Glider pilots will get right p155ed off if you are dragging them around in sink 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

The windward side of bitumen roads, rocky ground, a tractor working up ground and large iron sheds are all good sources of thermals. Stay away from water, green crops, heavy vegetation and near downwind of hills. Turn into the rising wing but remember a glider can turn far more steeply and quickly than you can. Enjoy!

kaz

Guest cficare

great for raising time airborne...with responsibility of keeping the glider in an area where they have choices...

if u haven't 50 hours (min) in a glider...

u shouldn't be towing them.....