Drifter Pics

Tex

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great shots there, in classic Drifter guise with gear and fuel container strapped into the back seat !....................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

That's not a fuel container, it's a water container for when he does his trips to Perth. 095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

Alan.

That picture is brilliant Tex! Those fields are cool! 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Yeh I just love the scenery up on the Downs sometimes, the patterns in the crops and landscape are pretty special. I saw a series of small dams that had a channel/overflow system that looked like an absolute work of earthmoving art but couldn't reach the camera to get a photo.

Not much left under that 'hat' Pud unfortunately... though it is actually just a balaclava type thing to keep the sun off, I will be changing the radio over and normally use a helmet which will be back on the noggin once that is in.

You can always just start your own gallery on here as well http://www.recreationalflying.com/useralbums/

Upload them and then open them in your browser and right click "copy image location" then in your post click on the insert image (the little tree) right click in there and paste the image address you just copied... Voila!

Guest Maj Millard

Frank, From where you type your wording to create a post.......three boxes below....hit on 'upload a file'...at center.......a select file will come up...you then access your own files via 'my documents' and photo files that I am sure you have........then you highlight the photo you want, and just hit 'enter' and photo will load onto your post....................good luck...look foward to those photos.......................................Ross

Another picture, a few years ago at Boonah. Would you call it a ''Swarm'' of Drifters?

Some would say swarm.... I think most likely a Gaggle....

Don't think anyone here would call it a "Murder of Drifters"....

Guest Maj Millard

A squadron of Drifters...............................and what do you call a gathering of commercial pilots ?? A: a 'wank' of pilots !.............................................Maj....024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Tex, Some very nice footage there !.............I flew one for eleven years and I didn't realize those gear legs flexed so much during taxi/take-off !..Also very visable in the footage in flight, especially during climb, is some wing and wing-strut movement. This appears to be happening as the classic Drifter tail shake is also occuring.

This is the flexing that I refer to when comparing the Wire-braced wing, to the Strut-braced wing.

It would be very interesting to mount the same camera on a wire-braced wing to see if the same amount of movement is there in the wing of the cable brace.

Your camera does very well, what type is it ?

What a great flying machine really...art in the air !!................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

It is GoPro Maj. Actually this Drifter doesn't have very much of the typical Drifter tail shake, even near stall it seems to have a pretty good airflow and gets a very lazy lower frequency wobble going rather than a shake. A lot of the 'wobble' you see in the video is actually from the digital image sensors getting vibration interference, you can see how it sort of comes in waves and the frequency changes with different RPM. Yes of course things are moving around and flexing but it is hard for me to discern what is camera and what is actually happening in the physical world from the video, I am actually surprised there isn't more apparent.

You guys are all bastards ... the lot of you (nice bastards of course). I am dribbling down here watching this in the rain. This has got to be one of the most pleasant threads going at the moment. Keep the pics coming boys.

Tex your Vid is fantastic I actually got quite emotional viewing it. The Drifter is unique in the ultralight world and your area up there is also quite beautiful and unique (as you said Tomo you guys are blessed to live up there). I have got to get up there again soon. I haven't been to Boonah in years, lst time was in the 80s when Austflight had set up and I flew up with two mates in a C172 to look at the Drifter Operation. My two mates ultimately purchased a Drifter each.

I'll bet this thread turns a reminiscing tear for you too Maj.