Thruster Photos

pudestcon

• 2 weeks later...

Great job for Thrusters and Drifters and circumvents the stupid bar on using these great machines as working tools. Fence and stock inspections and getting fodder to stranded stock in floods as well. They can also be used economically for small scale chemical application. Boo to 'jobs for the boys' CASA

• Agree 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

I was the Factory CFI, PE,  in Sydney. Picton and The Oaks airfields.

I have 1000 photos of fly ins Thrusters at Airshows Club fly aways, etc, etc.

I could donate them to good home.

drew Ford. Sydney. 

Hi Guys,

I was the Factory CFI, PE,  in Sydney. Picton and The Oaks airfields.

I have 1000 photos of fly ins Thrusters at Airshows Club fly aways, etc, etc.

I could donate them to good home.

drew Ford. Sydney. 

Hi Deskpilot,

I did have some videos from the 1980s, but they deteriorated. 

I have got many photos which I can send coppies, the term "Deskpilot" is a little frightening, are you licenced or associated with a registered flying school, or are you a Deskpilot whilst waiting for your dream bird to be serviceable again. lol.

I loved the Thrusters, but the industry has moved on and there many good birds out there, but probably not as affordable as a well maintained Thruster.

Deteriorated or not, let's see them, if they plat that is. As to Deskpilot, I was 15 years RAF ground support and obtained my RA cert. at age 64, a 'now or never' venture. Cert is now lapsed due to the rising cost of Hire and fly so am now restoring the Thruster. It's coming along, albeit slowly.

1728465837_DSCF4668(Copy).JPG.d2b8988ba94c9e2b916860bad2f9d3c8.JPG

DSCF5659.thumb.JPG.80cf8d353726f1eb95c196436c7cc12c.JPG

• Like 1

1633857142_2019-02-2115_37_02.thumb.jpg.5fb5c1e05cb52be5801caa2a6ba4761d.jpgAmazing to see the log entry of your Pilot Certificate.

Yes I think you were one of those natural people who took to flying quiet easily. 

My training Thruster at Moruya, I used to fly it down from The Oaks west of Camden NSW.

Was a long day to get back before last light.

It has now the black pod (was Blue) after a student bingled  the nose,  I repaired it and had it spray painted. 

508092004_2019-02-2115_36_11.thumb.jpg.bddc0e35268c315adef837ab0248a91c.jpg

896217407_2019-02-2115_36_19.thumb.jpg.c599127edd8e5a6420cb3de933af9c16.jpg

• Like 1

[ATTACH]38652[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38653[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38654[/ATTACH]Amazing to see the log entry of your Pilot Certificate.

Yes I think you were one of those natural people who took to flying quiet easily. 

My training Thruster at Moruya, I used to fly it down from The Oaks west of Camden NSW.

It has now the black pod (was Blue) after a student bingled  the nose,  I repaired it and had it spray painted. 

I do remember the black pod, it looked great.   

[ATTACH]38652[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38653[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38654[/ATTACH]Amazing to see the log entry of your Pilot Certificate.

Hi Drew

our thruster's were the same colour except for the southern cross and stripe which may have been for it's  '88 Oshkosh appearance.

Looking forward to seeing the photos 

Regards stuart. 

20190221_162331.thumb.jpg.b24256b0ebce68ff15da3784584af93a.jpg

Hi Stuart,

Yes getting the photos sorted and writing small post scripts  so you know the location and story behind the pic. I have purchased a multi-photo scanner, from Melbourne, should be here on the weekend, I will scan all my photos (about 6,000) several hundred or so it appears, to be about flying.

As soon as I scan them I will send you the originals.

Andrew.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stuart,

Yes getting the photos sorted and writing small post scripts  so you know the location and story behind the pic. I have purchased a multi-photo scanner, from Melbourne, should be here on the weekend, I will scan all my photos (about 6,000) several hundred or so it appears, to be about flying.

As soon as I scan them I will send you the originals.

Andrew.

OK the Photos are scanned and I have sent the originals, by post  with heaps of paraphernalia, original Thruster Owners manual, news paper articles, crash reports, Thruster Advertising, Air Show participation, etc,etc. 

Enjoy cheers Andrew.

Incidentally The picture on my Profile pic,  is of the Opel which holds the altitude record 33,000 ft + 

Sadly the owner pilot a few weeks later had a major structural failure and did not survive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

just some old photos of a Thruster 85 my Dad used to own in Rotorua, NZ. Taken at Rotorua Airport sometime in 1985. I think this was when it was just delivered. I did a few hours solo and then took to hang gliding instead. My Dad and brother flew the Thruster for 10 years or so.

Cheers

Mark

607565315_Thruster(1).thumb.jpg.b583ca64d3843435e2b4385dfcc5419b.jpg

512241729_Thruster(2).thumb.jpg.6b6c17587087f93553a9707cabd784dd.jpg

Thruster T85 specifications.PDF

Thruster.thumb.jpg.544ca4dc484f7d61e4b3ef5927cbdbf4.jpg

Thruster T85 specifications.PDF

• Like 2

Great pics of Thruster in NZ. 

NZ has produced some good pilots, David Belton,  (Thruster Aircraft Director) youngest N.Z. Commercial Pilot to hold that rating.

Also Ken Asplin CFI was from NZ. operated a school in W.A. and in Sydney. 

• Like 1