FK Lightplanes earns SLSA #123: FK12 Comet

Admin

Would it be true to say that the difference between the FK14 Polaris and the FK14 Le Mans. Is the canopy ?Polaris being enclosed Bubble Canopy.And the Le Mans being the cool looking open canopy.I looked a FK website, they have all the info on the polaris.Only pictures of the Le mans.On the cover of Sport Pilot, Great shot BTW.You can see the canopy hinge bolts.

Although people might point and laugh at fly-ins...051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I figure, if I can make someone laugh in this depressing world I've done my job... so I think it would be ideal! 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes
Would it be true to say that the difference between the FK14 Polaris and the FK14 Le Mans. Is the canopy ?

That's what it looks like to me! I wonder about the instrument panel, can you see both sides? Or is it split into two?

Anyway I can just see Tomo driving one of those, BIG cheesy grin and bugs in his teeth!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

How cool is it... I've wondered about the instruments also HH, but it obviously is doable if they do it. But then again, what instruments do you need when you're open cockpit!? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1

Nice Shots Tomo. How much do you reckon for one ? I guess that you would have to poke your head out into the slip stream and have a look through the other screen.Or have a nice glass instrument on the pilot side showing Flight and EMS on the screen.

Guest Howard Hughes
Nice Shots Tomo. How much do you reckon for one ? I guess that you would have to poke your head out into the slip stream and have a look through the other screen.Or have a nice glass instrument on the pilot side showing Flight and EMS on the screen.

$80k EU base price, $4.5k for the 'Le mans', $12.5k for your glass (Garmin or Dynon), there is a 'poor mans' version for $70k base price, but only has 80HP engine.

From that second pic looks like the instrument panel would be OK, short blokes (like me) might not be able to see over the dash though.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

That is one cool looking aircraft, kinda like the Batmobile but with wings!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I wonder if you can buy both canopies and change them over when ever you wanted too.(Assuming the $4.5K is for the Le mans Canopy and the rest of the plane remains the same as the polaris).That would be perfect. It would be just like their model FK12 Bi -plane where you can change the canopy from open cockpit to closed cockpit.

I can't really see Tomo delivering the odd pregnant ewe or the occasional bale of hay in that. Very nice plane though

Yeah, practicality level is basically Nil, but man! I what a nice aeroplane. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif Looks like they can come with Mercedes fuel injected engines as well.

Not sure how you worked out your prices HH, I converted Euro to $104,000 for the LeMans. I didn't see any canopies for it either, it's meant to be open....period. Due to that, it's slower than the enclosed form but who would care, sports-cars are meant to be driven with the hood down.

Not sure how you worked out your prices HH, I converted Euro to $104,000 for the LeMans. I didn't see any canopies for it either, it's meant to be open....period. Due to that, it's slower than the enclosed form but who would care, sports-cars are meant to be driven with the hood down.

HI Doug, there is no individual canopies. The the airframe appears to be exactly the same as the polaris. The two cockpits including the two windsreens and the surrounding frame work, tilts forward at the hinges (just behind firewall ).The le Mans should be able to be retrofitted with the Polaris Full bubble canopy in 5 to 10 minutes.

Hi Doug, I just put a video on my facebook page.(Never been able to work out how to do it here). It shows the enclose canopy version of the Le mans.One of my friends from my FB page who knows alot more about computors than me will put it on here. I hope.

Post script-THANK YOU CAM he had already put this on whilst I was typing this.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest Howard Hughes
Not sure how you worked out your prices HH, I converted Euro to $104,000 for the LeMans.

Prices I quoted are in Euros!

From what I can see, the all up price with Le Mans option and Dynon would be approx $129k AUD + transport.