3 onboard an Ultralight

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reporter probably asked a fireman what the foam was for (since there was no fire), and may well have got the helpful response "It's because of the leaking fuel mate"

Of more importance is what this does to our reputation.

Just blew the photo up and no real help.. 'looks' like numerical rego - size about right.3 POB, MTOW??

Rescue costs? Insurance? Punative liabilty? This could be very ugly.

A Savannah maybe ?

One of the occupants was reportedly 3 yo so probably not a major contributor to TOW

The muppetry continues ......088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

these crashs with pilots operating outside an ra pilots certificate (if this guy had a certificate) is very worring to people who have spent time and money to forfull a dream to lean to fly and do the right thing , we could finish up with a certificate which has the same costs etc as a ppl or lose the right to fly at all , any body else who is here and dose the wrong thing please stop

• Like 1

Well, the dust has settled and it appears that the injured are under good medical care. Bravo for that, but ...

IF, and I strongly preface these comments with IF, an investigation finds that there was a possible infringement of aircraft registration or pilot licensing law, I wonder how keen CASA will be to put the matter before a Court for a determination?

Should we as participants in an activity that is governed by laws made in out houses of parliament, demand that Justice be seen to be done?

I refuse to offer a suggestion as to penalty should a finding of guilt be made on any allegation brought, however, I would like to see a finding of guilt recorded against any person who has committed an offence, should the Court determine that the evidence supports such a finding.

(Please read the above carefully and with an eye to legalese in which it is couched.)

Old Man Emu

• Like 3

I am really getting worried about the future of RAA- seems a hell of a lot a incidents in recent months.

Why?

Have people sold their brains to fund fuel bills?

If- this is a RAA plane, and it would appear to be- this is very serious. A child- completely innocent has been placed in harms way. whilst the weight may not a issue, the rules are. Either the child should have not been on board or the mother stayed on the ground and hence a lot less weight on the aircraft.

And what about a seat for the child with harness?

In so many ways this is going to be a big incident, I can not imagine CASA will look the other way nor the Police.

Some may be heading for a world of legal pain.

Not much different to 3 people in a MX5- two seats, two belts- have a accident, people get hurt.

Besides the pilot, a case may be made against the parent for negligence and parental duty of care.

Just speculating

Phil

People take risks because they think it wont happen to them, but it can and it does as we are all finding out of late, when it does it makes the rest of us who do the right think look bad in the publics eyes let alone CASA and the RAA.

It only takes a couple of bad eggs in the basket to turn people against us.

95% of us fliers out there probably do the right thing, we just need to get the 5 %ers to have a serious think about what they are doing or about to do.

Because if it can happen it will happen to you eventually if you continue doing it.

Alf

Well, the dust has settled and it appears that the injured are under good medical care. Bravo for that, but ...IF, and I strongly preface these comments with IF, an investigation finds that there was a possible infringement of aircraft registration or pilot licensing law, I wonder how keen CASA will be to put the matter before a Court for a determination?...

None of this bodes well for the responsible great majority,OME.

If a situation arises where there is an aircraft crash and an investigation finds that there was a third passenger - a child - carried in a 2 seat aircraft and if the carriage of the third passenger was not in accordance with the CAR's or CAAP 235(2) or the conditions imposed by the exemptions granted to RAAus, and if a court finds that the operation of the aircraft in that configuration was consequently reckless to the extent it could have endangered life, the pilot faces a sentence of a maximum 5 years gaol by operation of ss20A(1) and 29(3) of the CAA (also likely to be a relevant consideration in the Hume matter as mentioned previously).

CAAP235(2) http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/235_2.pdf

CAA 1988

20A Reckless operation of aircraft

(1) A person must not operate an aircraft being reckless as to whether

the manner of operation could endanger the life of another person.

(2) A person must not operate an aircraft being reckless as to whether

the manner of operation could endanger the person or property of

another person.

29 Offences in relation to aircraft

(3) The owner, operator, hirer (not being the Crown) or pilot of an

aircraft commits an offence if he or she:

(a) operates the aircraft or permits the aircraft to be operated;

and

(b) the operation of the aircraft results in a contravention of

subsection 20A(1).

Penalty: Imprisonment for 5 years.

(4) Strict liability applies to paragraph (3)(b).

Note: For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code.

kaz

• Like 2

RAAus register is very out of date...

Iggy

I think this shows that the register is not too far out of date !

Bob

31 January 2011 RA-Aus aircraft register cancellations in date of expiry sequence

Registration

numberManufacturerModelFirst

registeredReg

typeRegistration

expired

19-4329 Icp Srl Bingo 20/10/2005 X 20/10/2008