Savannah Muster????

rankamateur

either area is ok, its about 5 hrs in the Savvy from Wollongong to Lightning ridge, 6 to Bourke. all non stop if you have a big enough bladder.

You can get Savvys with long-range fuel tanks but how do you get humans with long-range bladders?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no one has any other suggestion or preference then we will go with the 10th March 2012. I will organise lunch and dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday, lunch also Sunday for any short distance late departures so I will need definite interest by the week before because I will cater for you myself. Give it some thought, no one is going to be fussy about savannah exclusive, just bare in mind the the strip limitations.

• 2 weeks later...
Linda is due with our 2nd bub around the 20th of Febuary. I'm thinking I would probably be allowed to come down around the 10/3/12 if that suits anyone. No one has put up a date yet. What's everyone reckon.

Reg told me this afternoon that this 10th and 11th March is a clash with Clifton fly-in, is that a problem to any one, post here if it is an issue.

Is anyone here interested in an under-wing camp over in north-west NSW, very near Aerokits, perhaps in March this year after the weather cools off a bit but before it gets too cold. Might be a good chance for some to have a shake down before a trip to Nat-fly at easter.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Depending on work schedules of course, but please get it started and make it an annual event. And keep me informed, I'm keen.

Ron.

• 2 weeks later...

Clifton fly-in has now been cancelled due to a localised storm dumping 33mm of rain which is now pooled on the middle section of the runway! I am still keen to have a muster here, lets make it happen.

It is way too late to get organised for tomorrow and the next day, I was just trying to promote the discussion I had planned to have at clifton about a suitable date to try again.

Who run the "Savannah Owners Club inc." maybe I should consult with them.

• 3 weeks later...
I had an email back from Charles and had a look at the calendar he gave me, the weekend of 1st -3rd June looks good to me, I will cut some extra wood and build a few bonfires!

If this doesn't conflict with Nor Aus( Monto) then I'm in. I think Monto is the following weekend( Queens Birthday)?

Neil,

I went through the calendar that Charles sent me, I don't think it clashes with anything, We are just going to do it then and see what happens. If the weather turns bad we will have a muster with no sheep, but such is life!

Steve...

Neil,I went through the calendar that Charles sent me, I don't think it clashes with anything, We are just going to do it then and see what happens. If the weather turns bad we will have a muster with no sheepn but such is life!

Steve...

Locked & loaded- thx mate!

• 2 months later...

Savannah muster is this Saturday and Sunday, I any one coming? If you are planning to come, need fuel provided , special diet or favorite mixers let me know by PM. I will have to sort all that out in town Friday.

This is still a bit of a worry http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/watl/rainfall/pme.jsp, good job they are usually wrong!