LSA Weight Increases For Safety Equipment?

Admin

on the Topic of Extras for RA Aus Pilots-- I've heard around the campfire that perhaps there is going to be a Controlled Airspace endorsement coming this year? Or is this just the older pilots pulling the legs of the younger pilots.. (I only ask as I want to fly over my house, which is all Class C in brisbane... one day in the future... or just wait until I get my ppl!)

Guest Andys@coffs
on the Topic of Extras for RA Aus Pilots-- I've heard around the campfire that perhaps there is going to be a Controlled Airspace endorsement coming this year? Or is this just the older pilots pulling the legs of the younger pilots.. (I only ask as I want to fly over my house, which is all Class C in brisbane... one day in the future... or just wait until I get my ppl!)

Back in 2008 when I joined this forum CTA access was just around teh corner as a result of Part103 and 149??? too long ago and cant remeber whether those numbers are correct. Anyway, it was almost a given that we would get there.........and yet here we are neither part implemented......

Lesson, it'll get here when it does, any conjecture before then is likely mostly uninformed and unhelpful, and if your like me, I was hot for it back then and couldnt care less about it now (other than in the context of some clas G lanes being established through some CTA areas where there is no way around them legally or safely.

In fact, dare I say it search for part 103 or 149 on this site and go back and read thr posts about it....The issues raised then are all the same as the issues raised now......the wheel turns but forward motion is very slow

Andy

Guest Andys@coffs
I'm always one to say RAAus don't need CTA Endo, we only need more Victor Lanes through CTA... I don't think people should hold their breath for a CTA Endorsement... Besides, Victor lanes benefit everybody, not just RAAus. I guess we would need to get a discussion happening with CASA & Airservices for it... (Now that I think about it... Why dont we get the wheel turning? http://recreationalflying.com/threads/victor-vfr-lanes-or-similar-suggestion-discussion.33902/)

Its already underway Don Ramsay is the RAA rep on the airspace representative body (RAPAC???? or some such acronymn) and he has already said that G class through CTA is a priority for RAA, where possible.

Andy

Guest Howard Hughes

At the very least a VFR lane through all coastal CTA Australia wide, this where most of the problems appear to be, Adelaide might be a difficult one though!