Aileron / Flap bushings

Justin Hawkins

Yet another question -

I've got a lot of play in the aileron and flap tubes where they pass through the brackets that bolt to the trailing edge of the wing.

Had anyone replaced these bushing before ? If so, is there a source (preferably in the US) for new ones ?

I emailed Wayne Fisher, haven't heard back just yet.

I'm sure they're a standard size. I could probably find some if I knew the ID / OD needed.

Thanks again guys.

• 1 month later...

FYI, I never did find a source for the bushings. Even Wayne Fisher didn't know where to look. So I bought a lathe and made some.

So in the future, I can supply PTFE or delrin aileron and flap bushings for the flap equipt drifter, if anyone needs them made.

• Like 2

FYI, I never did find a source for the bushings. Even Wayne Fisher didn't know where to look. So I bought a lathe and made some.So in the future, I can supply PTFE or delrin aileron and flap bushings for the flap equipt drifter, if anyone needs them made.

Well done that man,,, Well done !!!

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif019_victory.gif.9945f53ce9c13eedd961005fe1daf6d2.gif

how much do you charge for a few bushes, i need a few for my Savannah. after 800 hrs i have noticed considerable wear in all the flaperon bushes.

i need about 20 each of these to keep me supplied for a while.

made of sintered brass

I should be able to do those. The materials will be about $25 I think. Shipping from the US shouldn't be to much. Send me your address via PM and I'll get some off to you. Once you get them and you're happy, you can paypal whatever you think they're worth (maybe around $3 each plus shipping)

It might take me a week or so to get materials and get em made.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Have the same problem with my Savanah, can I order at least 6 or whatever you think is worth the trouble at one time, can pay by bank transfer, money order, whatever, let me know, mob 0437004225 . Great work. Ex Drifter pilot.Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

So sorry for the late reply. I dropped off the face of the earth. I've got some brass rod stock, and I'll try to get a few sets of bushes made based on the drawing above. I'll post here when they're done, then you can message me a shipping address.

Again, sorry for the long delay.

Justin

• 5 months later...
FYI, I never did find a source for the bushings. Even Wayne Fisher didn't know where to look. So I bought a lathe and made some.So in the future, I can supply PTFE or delrin aileron and flap bushings for the flap equipt drifter, if anyone needs them made.

Justin,

Do you happen to know what lubricant I can use on Delrin bearings?

Nick

• 2 months later...