Poorboy PB-1 Ultralight... Cheap plans built.

winsor68

Love it, what perfect little ultralight to build and play in............just oozes Drifter doesn't it . Just like the Affordaplane and Airbike , but it think this one looks a little 'cooler'

JimG

And a LOT simpler in construction it seems... I don't know the axxxend of airplane construction from the face... and I have a couple of cheap tools...But... still... I reckon it is the only way I am going to own an aeroplane...

I love a design where the designer incorporates a ballistic chute - just in case ....But interesting, nevertheless.

OME

Yet... you like your bikes with no brakes or adequate clearance for use on public roads? Lol OME

• 1 month later...
Love it, what perfect little ultralight to build and play in............just oozes Drifter doesn't it . Just like the Affordaplane and Airbike , but it think this one looks a little 'cooler'JimG

I thought it looked like a naked chinook.

• Agree 1

I recently saw a Chinook up close for the first time... Looking inside the wing I found that the ribs are attached to the front spar using what looks like Metal Hose Clamps... I don't know whether they are bunnings off the shelf items but what an elegant and simple solution....

For sure el richo... If you were building your own you would certainly use AN throughout for structural components...

I guess the Chinook I saw uses an AN houseclamp.....? You gotta love nice simple solutions to seemingly complex problems....