Sierra 100 completed

Guest davehw

2064782698_IMG_4212(Small).jpg.05ca2496ff049b1efb53425c7d945765.jpg Have finally completed the Sierra 100 build, and is pictured here at Bendigo airfield.

Hope to see many of you this year at Temora for Natfly with this aircraft.

cheers, Dave.

1346295482_IMG_4211(Small).jpg.19fee7c099bdaace40c38d98f8fb4fbc.jpg

1108023903_IMG_4207(Small).jpg.fe6f8ee3fd335304239c0ea2ca20cff0.jpg

I've been following your building posts with interest knowing that the final result would be exceptionally good judging by your progress photos, and it would appear that the finished result is excellent. Also love the paint job.

Just a few questions....what prop are you using, can we see some photos of the finished cockpit area and any other personal improvements, and what about some performance figures?.

I notice that you have not fitted the wheel spats so do you intend to leave them off and if so do the wheels 'throw up' much dirt under the fuselage, wings and tail section.

Our 'Family' Sierra owned by my Son-in law Kevin, has the spats which I don't like for several reasons but he likes them so they have to stay.

Kevin will be flying to Natfly with my Son Martin who also flies it, so no doubt you will both meet and be able to exchange ideas.

667765345_Morgans1.thumb.jpg.784133c9a4720a0cd5d1cee5447d2794.jpg

Dave, what a fantastic looking aircraft!

What an unbelievably exciting and proud moment it must have been for you, the moment it left terra firma!

Did you document the building process? It would be excellent to see the build stage by stage.

This is my next goal/dream... to build my own aircraft! My first was to learn to fly (currently underway) by my 3oth birthday. I'm thinking that this next one may be before my 50th!

Happy flying. :)

Just to answer a few points from people, aircraft has not flown yet, just completed. Final inspection is next Sunday all going well. The prop is Morgan supplied timber 62 inch Diameter x 55 inch Pitch. Will be trying this prop first off prior to any swap for comparison. Wheel spats and nose leg fairing will go on after initial test flying on sealed runways. The complete build period is on photo record. Build time was over 2 years and about 800 hours. There have been a lot of personalized features added to this design.

regards, Dave.

Will you be doing the first test flight Dave ?Alan.

Hi Alan, I plan on doing the first high speed taxi's, and first flights, with any adjustments in-between as required. It has to feel perfectly trimmed and balanced prior to a complete circuit, and engine indications all good. I do have the flight test guide booklet from RAA. Better start reading it I guess. Bendigo is a reasonable length main runway.

Dave.

:drool:That's one very pretty, neat A/C.........Congrats on your build.......I to will have to check this beautiful bird out at Natfly.........Alley

Hope to see you there Alley, and talk aeroplanes!!

I've been following your building posts with interest knowing that the final result would be exceptionally good judging by your progress photos, and it would appear that the finished result is excellent. Also love the paint job.Just a few questions....what prop are you using, can we see some photos of the finished cockpit area and any other personal improvements, and what about some performance figures?.

I notice that you have not fitted the wheel spats so do you intend to leave them off and if so do the wheels 'throw up' much dirt under the fuselage, wings and tail section.

Our 'Family' Sierra owned by my Son-in law Kevin, has the spats which I don't like for several reasons but he likes them so they have to stay.

Kevin will be flying to Natfly with my Son Martin who also flies it, so no doubt you will both meet and be able to exchange ideas.

Hi Alan,

attaching a panel view of this new build as you requested.

cheers, Dave.

1878920858_IMG_4213(Small).jpg.e8127c2a5284dcbd7eec18dfa132d8f4.jpg

Looks good Dave and the best of luck for your test flight.

It would be good if you could do a few hours in a Sierra before the flight unless of course you have already done so.

A video of it flying would be good 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

All the best,

Alan Marriette.

Well done Dave. From the photos the canopy looks very raked compared to others I've seen and the one suspended from the ceiling in my garage. Was this supplied by Garry or did you form it yourself?

Well done Dave. From the photos the canopy looks very raked compared to others I've seen and the one suspended from the ceiling in my garage. Was this supplied by Garry or did you form it yourself?

G'day, canopy was supplied by Gary, following a request for a sleeker looking canopy. I think it came up quite well in the end. cheers, Dave.

G'day, canopy was supplied by Gary, following a request for a sleeker looking canopy. I think it came up quite well in the end. cheers, Dave.

This might just add a few more knots......stone the crows, if we make these Morgans any faster, Gary will not be able to keep up with the orders.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.

Alan.

This might just add a few more knots......stone the crows, if we make these Morgans any faster, Gary will not be able to keep up with the orders.037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.Alan.

Same as the Ferris Wheel manufacturers........LOL 101_thank_you.gif.0bf9113ab8c9fe9c7ebb42709fda3359.gif(just jokes..)

All the very, very best for tomorrow's first flight Dave, I hope the weather is good, can't wait to hear how she flies.I will be thinking of you.

Best regards,

Alan.

Thank's Alan, stay tuned for latest updates.

Dave.