What is with the Lightwing on Ebay

email him and tell him you work on the mines and you won't get back before the auction ends and you want to buy the plane. ask him if he will take a deposit to hold the plane so you can have an inspection before paying for it in full. Tell him you need to pay either via direct deposit or western union as paypal are a bunch of crooks.

the image is used to defeat the ebay system which scans for email addresses.

Guest davidh10

I'm not even going to look. If you had an aircraft that was worth buying, why would you use eBay to advertise it for sale. There's plenty of sales / advertising opportunities in aviation circles.

I'm aware of someone who bought an aircraft on eBay... It was a "bargain", but when he took delivery, it didn't exactly resemble what was advertised and it cost him four times the buy price to fix the aspects that would make it un-airworthy. I believe someone he asked to test fly it declined on the basis of wanting to live a bit longer. 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

P.S. F_T; You're wicked!

I'm not even going to look. If you had an aircraft that was worth buying, why would you use eBay to advertise it for sale. There's plenty of sales / advertising opportunities in aviation circles.I'm aware of someone who bought an aircraft on eBay... It was a "bargain", but when he took delivery, it didn't exactly resemble what was advertised and it cost him four times the buy price to fix the aspects that would make it un-airworthy. I believe someone he asked to test fly it declined on the basis of wanting to live a bit longer. 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif

P.S. F_T; You're wicked!

I don't see a problem with purchasing an aircraft off e-bay, it's only a method of notifying the world something is for sale. How you proceed once you have seen something of interest is the critical thing. As always let the buyer beware.

Buying from an aviation oriented advertisement is no guarantee of anything this one: http://www.aircraftonline.com.au/product.php?id=1130 was sold on e-bay several weeks ago for 3 times the price advertised here.

Regards Bill

Guest davidh10
I don't see a problem with purchasing an aircraft off e-bay, it's only a method of notifying the world something is for sale. How you proceed once you have seen something of interest is the critical thing. As always let the buyer beware.Buying from an aviation oriented advertisement is no guarantee of anything this one: http://www.aircraftonline.com.au/product.php?id=1130 was sold on e-bay several weeks ago for 3 times the price advertised here.

Regards Bill

So you say it was sold 3 weeks ago, but it is still for sale (you claim, at a third of the price) and the seller claims he has owned it for 2 years. Clearly these pieces of information conflict.

Certainly, regardless of how or where one hears of an aircraft for sale, it would be wise for the buyer to be sceptical of all claims made and independently verify the state and history of the aircraft before making an offer. eBay isn't the only source of aircraft where I've heard of buyers being burned by:-

• Not having the knowledge to check it out for themselves.

• Not accepting professional advice.

• buying sight-unseen

• buying without log books

• etc.

Does anyone know the email he was using for you to email the so called seller??

I've seen this before, scammers pulling the photos and add description off another advertising place and then listing it for sale on Ebay for less, but you have to email the person for the transaction to start.

I played with one once to see how far he would go... was slightly humorous my end of the email, it was funny.

Nothing wrong with selling on Ebay, or buying, it's just another place to list an item... just be careful as with anything. And if it's to good to be true....

Hi l also email him 4 times with my ph number and offer his buy it now price when it was first listed and not one reply.

must have been a scam.

Well you would have ahad a fair bit of trouble inspecting it in Brissy as the ac is still sitting in the hangar here in YCHT :)

Hi Bones l finaly got an email from the sell he tells me the aircraft is in Broome in a shipping container ready for delivery at no cost to me and on a seven day trial after l put the $19000 in escro account with Ebay once l am happy notify them and they will pay him.

Have any body else had contact with this scam..

Hi Bones l finaly got an email from the sell he tells me the aircraft is in Broome in a shipping container ready for delivery at no cost to me and on a seven day trial after l put the $19000 in escro account with Ebay once l am happy notify them and they will pay him.Have any body else had contact with this scam..

Send him a reply email and just ask why this certain aircraft is at YCHT... humour them, that's what I did/do

l have emailed him a few times we have talk all about the aircraft when l ask him the rego and why it is still at YCHT he has stopped responding [l curious why that is ]094_busted.gif.ae638bd7cbc787b7b31a16c9b8b3a6b4.gif

• Like 1

This listing (190649957339) has been removed, or this item is not available.

•  
    Please check that you've entered the correct item number

• Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

This listing (190649957339) has been removed, or this item is not available.

•  
    Please check that you've entered the correct item number

• Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

No it has been a scam