What has the Widest cockpit of RAa planes?

I'm looking forward to Tomo's answer (I can guess but I haven't flown one of these).022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Haha, I think Pud beat me to it DJ! But you can't get much wider than the Drifter.... 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

You know though, to be honest I've never really considered aircraft width, so I don't have any fancy measurements to give out! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Not sure where the Jab 160 ranks but it has about 45" with excellent leg room and very easy to get in and out of ... seat can be a bit hard if one skimps on padding, although some have it inbuilt!

Cheers

Vev

• Like 2

seat can be a bit hard if one skimps on padding, although some have it inbuilt!

I like optimistic people!! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

"The reason I don't exercise is so I don't have to carry a cushion around in the plane..."

BTW, not applicable to me by any stretch of the imagination!! 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

no i mean 1200mm inches is old school ha ha (im old but get younger every minute i look at the sierra) i work in metric all the time and cant be bothrerd to try and convert imperial!

cheers gareth

It's interesting when you start comparing specs between LSA and GA aircraft. Just about *anything* in the RAA/LSA world has a wider cockpit than a C172 (40"). Better performance too usually. Piper Warrior is only 42" wide and the 2 seat Van's aircraft are only around 42/43. Even the C-206 is only 43".

What RA air craft has the widest cockpit ?

I fly three different aircraft now (They keep letting me take up new aircraft, gawd!) A Flight Design CTSW, A Texan Top Class 600 and an Tecnam P92Echo, now I'm 6ft7 115kgs, Mostly Legs and Stomach (not a pretty sight!). I just fitinto a P92, but I spend most of my time hunched over, its a pain, and I get Tecnam Back and Neck (The super Echo that is/was out at boonah, its a MUCH better fit!), but I enjoy flying the Echo, I spent 8 months flying it around YCAB, I undertook my NAV's in the CTSW, and its my first choice for going anywhere, you sit down in the chair and more into the aircraft. there is LOTS of room, Only problem is that it is lacking places to put charts,snacks and your water!, and the Texan 600 I find it just like flying a Echo for me, I am a little hunched over, I wouldnt like to get another body in there, Thats just the headroom, I find that the echo and CT are easier to get in and out of, and the Echo and Texan have the same amount of leg room for me, I find after about 1 Hour I've had enough and need to land, where the CT is just comfortable, have taken it From YCAB-YGYM-YHBA and the trip was very enjoyable. Where I fly out from may be getting something even bigger in coming months, so I am looking forward to that, Its all about the ride, I called a trip short a few months ago, because there simply wasnt enough room for me, the kneeboard and the PAX, I could have left the PAX at the breakfast fly in, but I wouldnt have heard the end of it from the sister in law..

My 2c's.. ReD

• Like 1

The CT is truly a spacious air craft, the Texan I flew was not very comfortable and canopy latches where at my knee level and I needed to be careful I did not open the the latch. P92 is a very capable air craft I need to bend down to see out the window