Where to get fuel..

Hello all, with the easter break coming up, and my new certificate asking to be let out, and hopefully the weather being mild and gentle, I am planning a trip to visit the relatives up north (Natfly next year, sadly couldnt get off work to get there before I would have to come back and the event would be over!) I was thinking about the usual things, and it dawned on me, even though the CTSW that I fly has ample fuel to get me to where I am going in one trip, It wouldnt be such a silly idea to stop off half way and put the fuel back to maximum (within W&B), according to the plan I should get to my destination with over 35L Left out of the 80 on Board, but I would feel better if they where topped up. So enough of the story, just would like to know the following really, Where are the following airports/strips, if anyone has been there recently, would one find the 100LL Avgas Bowser, ERSA and Google maps can only help you so much! Plus I dont want to be taxing backwards and fowards to find the fuel ;)

1. Bundaberg

2. Gladstone

3. Biloela

Thanks all in advance, ReD

nb. Any smart alec comments about you get fuel out of bowsers, out of tanks, out of drums, from the loverly lady or man (no judgement) in the refueller, or any other smarty pants answers will be .. laughed at ;)

ReD, Gladstone has a Shell pump swipe card operated (same as YCAB) in the GA parking area. You will need an ASIC though cause of RPT....Matt

Thought you didn't need an ASIC if you are stopping to refuel only and not leaving the secured area?

Thought you didn't need an ASIC if you are stopping to refuel only and not leaving the secured area?

My understanding is that if you are airside and challenged by airport security, then the ASIC gives you clearance, regardless of what you are doing there. The other side is that if you are wandering around without a red card around your neck, expect security to pay you a visit.

Don't forget these guys are paid to find non-compliance... Just my opinion tho..

I've got the asic in my kneeboard pouch, Just thought it would be easier rather than running the gauntlet wheneverI pull up... Thanks guys! Now if someone has a nice aircraft with only one owner, low hours and only used on sundays for sale for a very good price, that can fit myself and one other in it... let me know ;) oh that and spares and a hanger in brisbane.. see I'm not asking much :)

Moree is a popular stop for those coming from the North. BP card required but the agent usually is there prior and after Natfly and takes cash or Credit cards.. It's around half way if you are coming from YCAB. You will find it a little to the west of the direct track, but this will keep you away from the High terrain and the trees south of Wee Waa.

ReD

No avgas at Thangool (Bilo)

Bundaberg has a Shell (self serve) Bouser (avgas) that has recently been upgraded to take all credit cards. Until about 2 weeks ago some cards (ANZ) wouldn't work.

On the google map there are tie down areas (Green Boxes) between the 2 rows of the southern most hangers.

If you let me know when you are passing through i can meet you up there to spread the Bundy Welcome.

I am home most weekends.

Andrew

(JabSP6)

• Like 1