Looking for somewhere to fly to

Admin

Hi All

I am back from my pseudo break ;) - the weather looks ok on Wednesday (ANZAC day) so I started to think where can I go for a nice little trip in the CT (departing from Melb) - I doubt there will be much happening around the place on that day - any suggestions?

Guest Emma Masters

Rain, Rain and more Rain is the forecast for us in Sydney this week:sad: otherwise you know i would of said the Oaks;)

Guest brentc

Don't fly near Moorabbin in the arvo. There's an 'airshow' of sorts on there. It's a re-enactment of the battle of the Dunkirk Evacuation. Apparently it's quite famous and re-enacts when over 200 civilian boats evacuated some kind of Navy ship during the war (I'm yet to look up what actually happened). The flying goes from around 10am - 3pm starting with the roulettes. The 'civilian' Jabiru's are at 2:30pm!

I didn't ask any questions, I just said I would be in it. Atleast it's another airshow tick in the logbook which helps out when applying for the next one.

Guest Crash Lander

Do a flight down along the Great Ocea Road Ian. Beautiful scenery, and rather fitting for the Anzac Day holiday, considering who built it, and the new memorial that's just been erected in the last week or so.

Guest pelorus32

Hi Ian,

sounds like a great idea - you could go down to Apollo Bay - straight line from you it's under 100nm then do a little cruise west over the 12 Apostles then home.

Alternatively Mount Gambier is only 188nm in a straight line - so under two hours. You could also do Port Fairy - there's a little strip beside Lough Moyne that's about 128nm straight line.

Going the other way you could go up to Moonambel for lunch - that's about 75nm and one of the wineries has a strip - your passenger could drink to your health over lunch!!

Or Brown Brothers at Milawa is 102nm straight line - nice spot for a picnic or lunch - PPR.

Have fun,

regards

Mike

Guest brentc

"considering who built it"

Is that - The Great Ocean road

OR

The GERMAN CT2K ?????????

Best leave it in the hangar for Anzac day!

I think I might go down to Ballarat tomorrow and then see which way the wind blows me from there - maybe along the Great Ocean Road - gee, isn't flying fun ;)

Nice little trip today - just down to Ballarat, had pizza for lunch with Chris (from here) and his lovely wife Kerry, and back again - perfect weather

Guest brentc

I flew over to Moorabbin today to the Dunkirk Evacuation re-enactment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dynamo

It was a mini airshow. I was slotted in behind the Mustang and before him was another Jabiru. It was very hard to work out where the display line was. It was 200 metres from one point and 400 metres from another point (Sandringham). I just cruised back and forth with a nice tight and steep turn at the ends, nothing too flash. I'll get feedback on what it looked like tomorrow, but considering I was after a real Mustang, hmmmm.